Power Outage

Dudicrous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks, I have a question and it's about the power outage, I would like to know what ideas and devices are used for this. Here back in I think was 2003, there was an outage around ten days long or so. If something like this has happened, what did you do to keep all your friends alive..

thanks in advanced

willnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks, I have a question and it's about the power outage, I would like to know what ideas and devices are used for this. Here back in I think was 2003, there was an outage around ten days long or so. If something like this has happened, what did you do to keep all your friends alive..

thanks in advanced
Yep. Backup generator is my 1st choice. 2nd choice would be a large backup battery unit, but that won't help if you dont have a way to recharge it. I decided to get a generator that runs on either natural gas or gasoline. I lost my entire tank before due to the power going out for few days and hadn't even considered that before. Live and learn. At least when the power goes out now I have plenty of power for other stuff too.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread seems to have gone stagnate so no point starting a new one...

Prepping for all day scheduled power outage on Monday.
Weather expected to be 46-63 degrees F during that time.

40 gallon tank with no sump (everything in the tank).
2 Penn-Plax battery air pumps with air stones.
Testing old EcoTech 12v (probably 7 Ah) battery through 12v-24v DC boost converter to power AI Nero 5 now.
*still running normal Nero program after a couple of hours so probably fine for Monday.

Plan is to work (at home software developer) until the power dies then throw the air stones in and cover everything with a blanket.
Will be finishing work day (just until 2pm) at nearby in-law's house so will run home after 2-3 hours to check temperature if needed. (Might bump up the house heater before outage early in the morning to maybe 72-75 degrees, not sure yet)

Wish me luck!

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crank the heat and good luck! We also keep battery bubblers around for little outages, and a gas generator when needed.

20230201_100439.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back