Power-up your Acro's..........

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I have to start a new thread that the Red Sea Ref meter makes you coral grow like crazy and you color pop like fireworks just cause this is the device that we were looking for to have for years.
Nothing is better that your tank water is measured by the Red Sea Refractometer!!

lol! :roll:

LowezAkar24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^LOL!!!! It is bad when people start to post about other topics in a dedicated thread. This is the same thing that happened with that ORA Shortcake Thread.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First off, I still do dose me some acropower goodness.
But any faith I still had in the ReefBuilders review has now vanished into thin air like the seeds from a dandelion in a warm spring breeze after reading this article about the Red Sea Refractometer which is apparently made by luck dragons and magical reef fairies in a land far far away.
We can only recommend Red Sea?s Refractometer for measuring aquarium salinity

LOL This is too good! I'm throwing away my Milwaukee digital refractometer! Only Red Sea for me and my reef!

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^LOL!!!! It is bad when people start to post about other topics in a dedicated thread. This is the same thing that happened with that ORA Shortcake Thread.

LOL, well… the main reason people went gah-gah over Acropower to start with is because of the ReefBuilders glowing review.
Now i guess we all have to get new magical refractometers!!! :)
Maybe if we use the red sea refrac, which is the ultimate of seawater measuring precision, then our now perfect saltwater will allow acropower to actually blow our minds!

And the problem with the shortcake thread is the title about a fictional coral. Made it a little confusing. :bowl: haha

LowezAkar24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400180791.189014.jpg

I believe this is perhaps the best refractometer on the market (I own this one) but this is not what makes or break my tank. Everytime we post about a product or a chemical that is exceptional, there will be a guy or girl that does the total opposite yet they are yielding amazing results. I have my thoughts about the ORA Shortcake thread but I think we should stick to acropower here. I went from daily dosing acropower to once a week and my glass gets less deposits and my corals are appreciating it. The only Red Sea product I use is the Blue Bucket of Salt which I love.
ysy8useg.jpg

Last edited:

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, well… the main reason people went gah-gah over Acropower to start with is because of the ReefBuilders glowing review.
Now i guess we all have to get new magical refractometers!!! :)
Maybe if we use the red sea refrac, which is the ultimate of seawater measuring precision, then our now perfect saltwater will allow acropower to actually blow our minds!

And the problem with the shortcake thread is the title about a fictional coral. Made it a little confusing. :bowl: haha

What happened in the ORA Shortcake Thread?

Do you have the Link so I can Check it Out?

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened in the ORA Shortcake Thread?

Do you have the Link so I can Check it Out?

lol, not a big deal, it's just that thread is titled "ORA Strawberry Shortcake" which is not accurate. There is the old Strawberry Shortcake everyone is used to and has had for years, and then there is the brand new ORA version simply called ORA Shortcake. So the thread has pics being posted of both, creating some confusion. :)
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/ge...s-strawberry-shortcake-pic-growth-thread.html

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till I reveal my new Cheesecake grown on Corals crack :gossip:

marke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, not a big deal, it's just that thread is titled "ORA Strawberry Shortcake" which is not accurate. There is the old Strawberry Shortcake everyone is used to and has had for years, and then there is the brand new ORA version simply called ORA Shortcake. So the thread has pics being posted of both, creating some confusion. :)
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/ge...s-strawberry-shortcake-pic-growth-thread.html

Are we sure they are different corals? Or just the name game?

LowezAkar24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! ^^^^^ Now back to our regular scheduled program!!!! How are you guys doing with Acropower? I have switched from daily dosing to weekly dosing. I have seen some significant growth since. I will continue and see how everything progresses.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! ^^^^^ Now back to our regular scheduled program!!!! How are you guys doing with Acropower? I have switched from daily dosing to weekly dosing. I have seen some significant growth since. I will continue and see how everything progresses.

I have a 200g display and then about another 150g in display refugium, sump with live rock, and frag tank.
Been dosing since this thread was started.
I was dosing 20ml twice per week (40ml total) and have recently cut back to 20ml total.
I still don't know if I really saw any major change that I could attribute to AP.
I'm starting to see some red slime algae on my overflow in one large patch and then one or two tiny spots on my rock.
This could be the lighting or something else but i figured i'd cut back a bit just to see if there is any decline in either the algae or my corals.

huuta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have their sps turn crispy at the tip?Basicly incinerate if you even touch the tip.This happen to some of my sps after I dose AP.Never had this problem before.I stop after the bottle was gone.Didn't see much of a difference

Last edited:

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So which one is ORA and which one is the other?

Does the other have a Name like ORA or is it just called Strawberry Shortcake?

strawberry on the left, ora shortcake on the right.
The regular strawberry shortcake isn't claimed by anyone that i know of.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've cut my dose in half since I had some cyano popping up after dosing every week. So I'm doing 5ml a week and the cyano is clearing up with water changes.

Colors are still meh, but I'm dipping for aefw for the next three weeks to finish up an 8 week dip. So I can't fully say acropower isn't doing it's job.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to see some red slime algae on my overflow in one large patch and then one or two tiny spots on my rock.

I've cut my dose in half since I had some cyano popping up after dosing every week. So I'm doing 5ml a week and the cyano is clearing up with water changes.

Interesting. That's two of us.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
strawberry on the left, ora shortcake on the right.
The regular strawberry shortcake isn't claimed by anyone that i know of.

What about the ATL Stawberry Shortcake.

Has anybody heard of that?

Is it similar to these two pictures?

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny you guys have said you have cyano popping up. The same has happened in my tank the last couple weeks or so. I've been using acropower for roughly two months in my 150g. I'm still not sure if it's the acropower or not, but the tank has been up and running since last summer and I have never had it. I have increased the flow in the tank also, so it shouldn't be a flow thing. With my math skills I came up with dosing 28ml, so I've even doing 4ml per day.
How are others dosing, and what are your recommendations? Did the cyano go away or did you have to stop dosing? Thanks for the help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back