OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you dose all at once or throughout the week?

Some dose daily as other once a week.
I had a member asking if twice a week would work too.
IMO, twice a week would work too but I never tried that.
I'm now on a weekly dose of 40ML, never had cyano or any other bad algae for that matter.
When I was dosing on a daily schedule I had to clean my glass every other day.
Now I just need to clean it twice a week on my weekly dosing schedule.

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some dose daily as other once a week.
I had a member asking if twice a week would work too.
IMO, twice a week would work too but I never tried that.
I'm now on a weekly dose of 40ML, never had cyano or any other bad algae for that matter.
When I was dosing on a daily schedule I had to clean my glass every other day.
Now I just need to clean it twice a week on my weekly dosing schedule.

You dosing during the day time?

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AA are only accessible by corals during the daytime when lights are on.
I believe that some where on this thread I posted the scientific test results about that.

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_7043.jpg there is only one tip left that I didn't cut off.The tip is totally white and if u touch it then it will crumble

Anyone else have their sps turn crispy at the tip?Basicly incinerate if you even touch the tip.This happen to some of my sps after I dose AP.Never had this problem before.I stop after the bottle was gone.Didn't see much of a difference

I have found that this primarily occurs during periods of warmer water, higher nutrients not limited to increased phosphates, proper lighting, and more rapid growth. I had picked up a couple pieces that had these symptoms from the LFS I work at part time and because I keep my tank cooler, lower nutrients, and 20k radiums, the branches thickened up and became very rigid. A night and day difference.

how long are you guys turning your skimmers off for?

I have my skimmer on a timer. It runs 10 hours on, off 1 hour in morning, 10 hours on, off 3 hours in evening. For my dosing schedule, this has been the most effective.

First off, I still do dose me some acropower goodness.
But any faith I still had in the ReefBuilders review has now vanished into thin air like the seeds from a dandelion in a warm spring breeze after reading this article about the Red Sea Refractometer which is apparently made by luck dragons and magical reef fairies in a land far far away.
We can only recommend Red Sea?s Refractometer for measuring aquarium salinity

Dennis, your response made me laugh out loud, and I am currently at work, everyone around me is quiet. Too funny!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up with this thread ? Where are the acro power guys and girls at ? I'm shock that this thread went dead. Let's hear and see some updates

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up with this thread ? Where are the acro power guys and girls at ? I'm shock that this thread went dead. Let's hear and see some updates

I stopped dosing because I am a little high on nutrient, my nitrates soar when I dose. I still think it's a great supplement for guys with pale colors or ULN systems. It definitely makes PE ridiculous.

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes aquavitro fuel. My corals have really responded well to it not so much acro power. My growth seems a lot better with fuel

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a bottle of acropower because some big names in the hobby Promoted it and said how great it was. I used it and didn't see much improvement in polyp extension. Then did a little research and the big names in the hobby that promoted it all have affiliations with TLF so I see why they all raved about it now :)

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, who opened this box of old worms??

FYI, still using it on the frag tanks not in the DT, went back to ZEO on that one.
Still good results, thing is when you running a ULN your fine on using AA with vitamins if not better is just use straight AA with no add-ons.
It will result in a cyano outbreak on normal dose, most ppl adjusted the dose to 50%.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back