powerbrite led bars

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious who all is using the linkable powerbrite led bars?

thinking about picking up one or two bars to supplement the t5 lighting over my frag tank. i probably wouldn't use them all the time - more for picture taking and for the occasional "wow" factor for friends. :bigsmile:

GPhiAce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the white ones over my pico, and hated them. A friend has the blue ones over a 58 and they really make his chalices pop. Not too sure about the PAR, but they do make the colors nicer.

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool! seems to be great feedback so far for my purpose...

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them. I didn't set it up because the LEDs are to focused. It does make things look bright though. So now I have 4 sets here waiting to be used for something.

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how high up did you have them that spotlighting was an issue?

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my two that are on my 60 i have set about 16in off the water. the reason i have them there is both because I didnt want my MH to overheat them and when they were closer they blued out a lot of my corals. So sick though with the straight blue PowerBrites

CHALICEKEEPER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just paid for mine on dr. Foster&smith got $10 bucks off a hundred with a coupon code from retailmenot sweet deal lights were on sale.

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow - i figured up at that height the spotlighting wouldn't be so much. what footprint were you covering? i am now thinking 3 bars in a U-shape around the perimiter of my square t5 rig. the tank they'd be shining down into is a 24x24x8 lps/frag tank.

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered two actinics and two actinic linking modules. Gonna try them on my chalice tank. My main concern was that they'd get lost with my 400 watt 20K light, but I've had several people tell me they cut right thru it and you can see the blue pop even with a halide.

They are bright. I am using one 10K for a light for my refugium.

Problem I had sourcing them was that many places have the 10Ks and the 2 + 2 (actinic + 10K), but not the actinics, but Foster and Smith has all of them now.

The linking cables are only 6" long. Does anyone see an issue splicing cable into the linking wire to get a bit more length between the modules? I need about an extra foot to set this up the way I am thinking.
Dave

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had issues finding the blue ones, too. the wholesalers are out of stock with no eta for backorder replacements. ended up paying retail through foster and smith also...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back