Powerhead is making to much noise....

DeepSeaIllusions

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2013
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have installed two new powerheads in a display tank in my office, yet the powerheads are making a lot of noise. I have never come across powerheads this load.

I have installed countless of these, but now I am wondering if there is a way to reduce the noise.
 
What kind are they? Some time if you run them for a while they do get quieter. I've also found a vinegar helps if something is stuck in there.
 
Might not have caught entirely, and are kinda stuck and not in full flow. I stick my finger in the front and try to catch the impellar a bit, slows it enough to grab correctly.
 
What kind do you have? The name brand, need to know what they are before we can help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new