Powerhead MP40 vs Nero

  • Thread starter Thread starter grr410
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

grr410

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
104
Reaction score
135
Location
Chalfont
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

I am in the process of setting up my new Red Sea 200xl.
I originally went for the MP10 but due to the specs (mp10 rated to 9.5mm and glass is 10mm), I was advised to go with the Nero 3.
On my older tank I ran a MP10 and was very happy with it.

I am considering returning the Nero 3 for an MP40.
Is the MP40 to much for this tank? I know I can tune it down and not run on full, but am I overdoing it?

All thoughts and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Thanks. Seems as though I’m going to return the Nero and get the MP40
 
The nero is excellent imo and plenty big enough to stir up the sand in my 150G. Dead quiet and significantly lower cost than MP40. The benefit to MP40 is no cords in the tank and lots of questionably useful program modes if that's important to you.
 
+1 for Nero.

My larger (and older) systems were always sporting the full Ecotech kit. Lights, MP40s and MP60s, and all of that. About a year ago I started a 30g tank as a fun side project. I went with the AI 16HDs and a Nero 3. All of it has been fantastic, never had a problem, and would by again 100 percent. I loved the Nero 3 so much I bought a second one that is waiting to be put to use.

Powerful little guys, and the cost savings is great in comparison.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new