powerhead or wavemaker help

Joe parrish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2015
Messages
179
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 45 gal jbj rimless all in one tank I am about done cycling I have 1 jabeo rw-4 off of a coral box back up battery

What should I add I would rather be a power head but it would be nice to hook up to the battery back up. I kind of don't like the look of the waves
 
mainly just more water movement i just said it would be nice to hook to battery backup because I am out of plugs but I think I am just going to go to ebay and order a cheap power head and add a outlet extender thing for more plugs
 
If you're out of plugs, invest in a larger surge protector. A battery backup isn't ideal to run equipment on full time. When you run your cords make sure you have a drip loop for each device. If you want a cheap and effective way to achieve good water flow I suggest a Hydor Koralia. They're relatively inexpensive compared to other power heads and provide a wide flow pattern, and are built well.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hydor-koralia-evolution.html
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new