Powerhead Placement for 40 Breeder

Pattheerin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! First post on Reef 2 Reef and excited to be here! I've tried researching this question, and have a decent idea of the answer, but wanted to get some expert opinions for you guys as well.

So I was running a Jebao OW-10 on my 40 breeder, but wasn't quite happy with the flow, even on the highest setting. I just ordered a Jebao OW-25 to get a little more flow in the tank. My question is, should I just run the OW-25 in the same spot I had the OW-10 (about halfway down one of the sides, pointed slightly down), or should I run both? If so, where would you put both of them?

Thanks in advance and great to be here!

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! First post on Reef 2 Reef and excited to be here! I've tried researching this question, and have a decent idea of the answer, but wanted to get some expert opinions for you guys as well.

So I was running a Jebao OW-10 on my 40 breeder, but wasn't quite happy with the flow, even on the highest setting. I just ordered a Jebao OW-25 to get a little more flow in the tank. My question is, should I just run the OW-25 in the same spot I had the OW-10 (about halfway down one of the sides, pointed slightly down), or should I run both? If so, where would you put both of them?

Thanks in advance and great to be here!
I'm definitely no expert but been doing this for a long time now.im currently running a 30gal nano I have 3circulation pumps one is constantly running behind the lower back wall pushing waste out and the other two are on a wave maker alternate ing current and they are located adout a third of the way downon opposite sides point ing down n towards the middle.i have great flow with this setup.hope it helps n welcome aboard.R

OP
OP
Pattheerin

Pattheerin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely no expert but been doing this for a long time now.im currently running a 30gal nano I have 3circulation pumps one is constantly running behind the lower back wall pushing waste out and the other two are on a wave maker alternate ing current and they are located adout a third of the way downon opposite sides point ing down n towards the middle.i have great flow with this setup.hope it helps n welcome aboard.R

Hey Rusty!

Any chance you could post a screenshot, I have a hard time visualizing.

Thanks!

musicsmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the new one in the position where the old one was, and put the old one somewhere else in the tank. Either use the slave/master option and let them alternate, or use the old one on one of the wavemaker settings to get that sloshing action.

OP
OP
Pattheerin

Pattheerin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the new one in the position where the old one was, and put the old one somewhere else in the tank. Either use the slave/master option and let them alternate, or use the old one on one of the wavemaker settings to get that sloshing action.

So align then across the tank from each other, at the same height, pointed slightly down?

musicsmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So align then across the tank from each other, at the same height, pointed slightly down?
That's what I'm doing. One on each side, linked together so they alternate. You can play with the position and direction until you get it where you like it.

A lot of people like the wave option, and I can see why, but it's not for me. I'm running a bare bottom tank, and my goals are to stop anything from settling on the bottom, as well as providing strong random flow for my corals.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rusty!

Thanks!
Yes I'll get my wife to do it as I'm pretty tech stupid so hang on a sec n I'll get it to you,R

IMG_20200411_220708.jpg IMG_20200411_220635.jpg

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rusty!

Thanks!
I'm hoping you got the pictures and they are of some help my internet is acting up w everyone home plus I've never sent a picture before but my wife showed me so let me know if it's ok thanks R

OP
OP
Pattheerin

Pattheerin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping you got the pictures and they are of some help my internet is acting up w everyone home plus I've never sent a picture before but my wife showed me so let me know if it's ok thanks R

Hey Thanks Rusty! I can see them just fine, and definitely paints a clearer picture. Appreciate it very much!

Back