PR_Reefer's 40 Breeder Build

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally after a couple months of planning I've got some work done on my build! I'm psyched!!:tongue:

Equipment:
-40breeder tank (700gph glass-holes overflow)
-20long tank (diy custom sump)
-16" x 15" diy frag tank
-48"L x 19"W x38"H diy stand
-36" 4t5HO + reefbrite led strip (main tank)
-diy Led's for frag tank
-HY-7000 water blaster (return pump)
-reefoctopus xp1000sss skimmer
-vortech mp10ES
-aquamax nano calcium reactor + accessories
-Reefkeeper lite + modules

So far I've only worked on the stand, sump and tank drilling. I wanted the stand to be 48" so I could use the space underneath to fit everything nicely! This is my first diy wood work btw so keep that in mind for your critiques...lol... aside that I've learned a lot and I'm happy with the results!

skeleton
9c59e7c2.jpg

reinforced skeleton with inside stand for a future frag tank
c11d0690.jpg

working on the shell
9ee90956.jpg

before finishing the shell I finished my 20g long sump...this is what it looks like...
ca4c493f.jpg

I wanted to simplify removal of the filter socks so I designed it that the water from the first compartment will overflow into the socks... leaving them completely accessible to quick removal for cleaning and placement
05a289b5.jpg

After painting the insides of the stand white, I placed the sump in position and finished the shell and some other details like the moldings
85a7c105.jpg

4b66a982.jpg

I separated a 6" space from the rest of the stand to use as a cabinet to hold all the electronics, controllers, etc.
b96df7c4.jpg

after sanding and fresh staining this is what it looks like
c980eef8.jpg

I still need to work on the plumbing which i'm planning on doing next...! If your wondering about the stand doors... well... yes I still need to do that also but I'm leaving it for last since I'm low on funds and would rather finish the essentials of the system first :tongue: lol... thanks for looking, feel free to comment & hope you enjoy :wink:

JaysonPRreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa y monta eso ya.

hurry up man and put to run the thanks i want to se that whit water and corals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
PR_Reefers

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa y monta eso ya.

hurry up man and put to run the thanks i want to se that whit water and corals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying LOL.... but, you know how it is...:bigsmile:

OP
OP
PR_Reefers

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribing :D now get busy to finish this baby :p Looks very good

LOL... thanks man... yeah I do need to get busy, I started this a while ago and though I'd finish sooner but you know how in these projects little things can hold you back, and then I was running short on time to study for my step1 boards and therefore put it on hold. I still had to transfer one fully stocked reef to another house which seemed like a big project and I didn't want to loose anything so....i decided to wait. Anyways I have my test this month so hopefully next month it shall continue :bigsmile:

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great! what are you going to put in the sump? I'm in the process of building a 40g right now also, good luck with the build!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back