Prazi dose help

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone help me out with conversion please, I’ve tried the online calculators and getting different numbers and I do not want to make a mistake.

In regards to prazi calculations I’m trying to figure out what the mg to ml would be. Everything I have to Measure is in ml not mg.

Thanks you kindly

irwinsbugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone help me out with conversion please, I’ve tried the online calculators and getting different numbers and I do not want to make a mistake.

In regards to prazi calculations I’m trying to figure out what the mg to ml would be. Everything I have to Measure is in ml not mg.

Thanks you kindly
there is 1 gram in a mL if I'm not mistaken. so 1000mg/mL

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Thanks you kindly
1 oz per 60 gallons or 3/4 teaspoon per20 gallons
Apply initial dosage wait 8 days, change water and one more applicator for 8 days

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
(Apologetically to the other answer's) it depends on the specific Praziquantel product you used. The problem is that to calculate anything - one needs to know the contents of the medication you're using. Another problem is you use the term 'Prazi' - which could mean multiple products - and potential concentrations. Hope this helps. Additionally for everyone else - it might be nice to see your tank - and a longer explanation of what the issue is with the tank

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you. I think I got it now. It’s

perfect thank you kindly appreciate it
Apologize - it totally depends on the product you're using there are several - but - best wishes - and as have you've already been told - Any more questions - just answer - and please also answer later the results of your options given (i.e. kind of a rating)

OP
OP
CristinaNTimothy

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Apologetically to the other answer's) it depends on the specific Praziquantel product you used. The problem is that to calculate anything - one needs to know the contents of the medication you're using. Another problem is you use the term 'Prazi' - which could mean multiple products - and potential concentrations. Hope this helps. Additionally for everyone else - it might be nice to see your tank - and a longer explanation of what the issue is with the tank
My apologies I didn’t realize there were different products I assumed it was generic, my fault for assuming for sure. I am using prazi pro to be exact. In regards to the tank issues there are none, again I apologize I should have been specific to why I am using it. I am using it as a preventative in my QT tank to treat my mimic Tang using TTM against velvet and Ich. Prazi pro to treat flukes and worms and re dose in 7 days.

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies I didn’t realize there were different products I assumed it was generic, my fault for assuming for sure. I am using prazi pro to be exact. In regards to the tank issues there are none, again I apologize I should have been specific to why I am using it. I am using it as a preventative in my QT tank to treat my mimic Tang using TTM against velvet and Ich. Prazi pro to treat flukes and worms and re dose in 7 days.

Dosing Prazipro according to the label instructions for the amount to use is fine, but their "re-dosing" time frame doesn't work well, you should redose after 8 days. You need to dose Prazipro with the net volume of the tank, how much water it actually holds. If you don't know that, deduct about 15% for rock displacement, and use that figure. Also, add extra aeration when dosing Prazipro, run any skimmer (but don't collect the skimmate) and remove any carbon and turn off the UV.

OP
OP
CristinaNTimothy

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing Prazipro according to the label instructions for the amount to use is fine, but their "re-dosing" time frame doesn't work well, you should redose after 8 days. You need to dose Prazipro with the net volume of the tank, how much water it actually holds. If you don't know that, deduct about 15% for rock displacement, and use that figure. Also, add extra aeration when dosing Prazipro, run any skimmer (but don't collect the skimmate) and remove any carbon and turn off the UV.
thank you for the detailed reply I appreciate it. I was using the https://benezeapp.cawthron.org.nz/ website for re dosing. It says 7 days but if I should do the 8th I will do that. I did measure the gallons that are in the qt exactly and will add the prazi pro accordingly. I don’t have any rock or anything in the qt because I am transferring out after the 36 hours. I have a heater, air stone and a small power head aerating the top of the water. So you think the 8 days would be beneficial to combat and eggs that may be there?
Thanks again I appreciate it

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the detailed reply I appreciate it. I was using the https://benezeapp.cawthron.org.nz/ website for re dosing. It says 7 days but if I should do the 8th I will do that. I did measure the gallons that are in the qt exactly and will add the prazi pro accordingly. I don’t have any rock or anything in the qt because I am transferring out after the 36 hours. I have a heater, air stone and a small power head aerating the top of the water. So you think the 8 days would be beneficial to combat and eggs that may be there?
Thanks again I appreciate it

The delay between prazi doses is all just a guess. I used to say 9 days, but some egg laying flukes seemed to get through that, so I changed to 8 days. Even that is not a sure thing. The variables are the species of fluke involved, as well as the water temperature (warmer water causes the eggs to hatch sooner). In many cases, especially with Neobenedenia flukes, two treatments is not enough, and up to five treatments may be required. I've now gone to using hyposalinity as my main treatment against Neobenedenia, that seems to work close to 100%. However, there are a few brackish water flukes that get into people's aquariums where hypo won't do the job.

OP
OP
CristinaNTimothy

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The delay between prazi doses is all just a guess. I used to say 9 days, but some egg laying flukes seemed to get through that, so I changed to 8 days. Even that is not a sure thing. The variables are the species of fluke involved, as well as the water temperature (warmer water causes the eggs to hatch sooner). In many cases, especially with Neobenedenia flukes, two treatments is not enough, and up to five treatments may be required. I've now gone to using hyposalinity as my main treatment against Neobenedenia, that seems to work close to 100%. However, there are a few brackish water flukes that get into people's aquariums where hypo won't do the job.
I agree in regards to the guessing game, I’m going to do 8 days and hopefully that will do it. It’s good to know you’re almost 100% against Neobenedenia with hyposalinity because I was just looking into this. I will adapt this method for sure thanks for sharing. At the end of the day I’m know nothing will be 100% but I’ll do the best I can with what is available.
Thanks again very kind and knowledgeable!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back