Prazipro in DT?!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sry... So are you saying I should redose now or just wait the 5 day til i do the w/c to do the 2nd dosage?

I would wait 5-7 days, do the water change and redose.

5-7 days after that do another WC and redose. Just to be sure (since you accidentally ran carbon).

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it will. Shut off the carbon.

Ok more questions!!!

Can I put the entire bottle of copepods in my tank?

After i put in the live copecod in the dt and my sump do I have to also put the Phytoplankton liquid right away to keep them alive or do it after a few days?

Also it states 5ml per 10 gal to start which seems like it may be the whole bottle for my 120 DT and 55 sump. So thts around 87ml. Do i dose tht right after i pour in the copepods. Anyones input would help! Thanks

Idk if it makes any difference but i ordered it feom algaebarn, so anyone familiar with their copepods can chime in :)

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok more questions!!!

Can I put the entire bottle of copepods in my tank?

After i put in the live copecod in the dt and my sump do I have to also put the Phytoplankton liquid right away to keep them alive or do it after a few days?

Also it states 5ml per 10 gal to start which seems like it may be the whole bottle for my 120 DT and 55 sump. So thts around 87ml. Do i dose tht right after i pour in the copepods. Anyones input would help! Thanks

Idk if it makes any difference but i ordered it feom algaebarn, so anyone familiar with their copepods can chime in :)
You can put the entire bottle of copepods in your tank.

You can dose the phyto whenever. If you hace algae in your tank the copepods will find enough food to survive.

Alanc425

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may just be a coincidence but my ritteri anemone started dying 2-3 days after I used prazipro in my DT ....but my rbta are fine

Last edited:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may just be a coincidence but my ritteri anemome started dying 2-3 days after I used prazipro in my DT ....but my rbta are fine

This is the problem with using meds of any kind in a reef, even supposedly "reef safe" ones. 99 times out of 100, no problem. But then there's that 1 time. ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back