pre-mixed saltwater storage

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys
i was just wondering how long will it take for freshly made saltwater to be stored before its no use because i am planning on making like a 50 gallons of saltwater and storing it for every 2 weeks i do a water change also if there is a need to do a emergency water change because i am using this aquavitro salinity salt and for it to become cyrstal clear it needs at least 13 and more hours

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly what you're asking but I buy pre-mixed saltwater (and RODI) from my LFS and store it in 5 gallon Sparkletts bottles (capped).

I sometimes have it sitting in my garage for a month or more and never notice any separation or anything like that -- been working fine for me.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys
i was just wondering how long will it take for freshly made saltwater to be stored before its no use because i am planning on making like a 50 gallons of saltwater and storing it for every 2 weeks i do a water change also if there is a need to do a emergency water change because i am using this aquavitro salinity salt and for it to become cyrstal clear it needs at least 13 and more hours
Most salts do fine with a little heating and mixing periodically. I keep a month's worth of salt water at 75 and the pump runs for an hour a day. I've never had an issue. Just be sure to keep a lid on it and test it before using.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly what you're asking but I buy pre-mixed saltwater (and RODI) from my LFS and store it in 5 gallon Sparkletts bottles (capped).

I sometimes have it sitting in my garage for a month or more and never notice any separation or anything like that -- been working fine for me.
yeah becuase i want to make 50 gallons saltwater and keep it stored, i dont want to keep making saltwater every 1 or 2 weeks, also incase of a emergency.
so i could mix my saltwater and keep it stored right it doesn't matter?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I store mine for months on end with no issues.

Just remember that you will have precipitation, and, have to maintain salinity in the storage barrel.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 111 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back