Pre-Order Euroquatics E5 Retrofit T5 LED Lamps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Ill try them out to see how they work but let me ask what is the life span of the lamps ??

The expected life span for the E5 bulbs is 5-8 years: similar to other higher-end LED lights. Euroquatics also offers an impressive 3-year manufacturer’s warranty on these.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
would be great if Marine Depot and/or manufacturer could get a resident lighting expert to weigh in on their thoughts on e5.
Send some freebies to Sanjay Joshi and encourage a long-term trial run. His full report will be valued

We have several expert hobbyists testing these, and other, lights. The feedback thus far has been quite good. Euroquatics surely has other companies/experts testing their products as well, although you may want to suggest this specific idea to them. They may respond favorably!

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
E5+vs+T5HO+Lamp+Performance+-+475.jpg So I found this image it compares the T5 vs E5 bulbs, how is it that the chart showing that the T5 last up to 5 years and the E5 lasting 8 years. When we change out the T5 once a year how do we know that the E5 will last 8 years is there 8 years of data for these bulbs over a thriving coral tank. I'm asking because I don't want to just jump into something new on the market.
The chart doesn't show T5 life of 5 years, it show that they drop below usable level at about a year. Output does not equal "work" when you're talking about reef tanks.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
The chart doesn't show T5 life of 5 years, it show that they drop below usable level at about a year. Output does not equal "work" when you're talking about reef tanks.

Thank you for jumping into the conversation! I was just typing up a response, but was debating emailing you this post first so you could weigh in. :D

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, so how do the E5 compare against led's

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just ordered a 36" blue POP to replace one of my t5 bulbs in my Aquaticlife 6 bulb t5 light fixture. Keep you guys posted on my results!
What bulbs did you run with it? What's it look like? Do you like the bulb?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back