Predator tank - Can we see yours?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KQuillan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
What's that black wrasse? Cool looking fish
That's a dusky wrasse, halichoeres marginatus. He's a very neat fish, the wrasses are always entertaining.
The other 2 wrasses are the red coris - coris gaimard, and timor wrasse - halichoeres timorensis.
 
My newest edition to my tank, probably going to make it a predator tank again! Her name is Nebula :) shes very cute!
She is gorgeous!! What kind of eel is she?
 
I had a more predator dominated tank in my 125! Had 4 lions, eels, triggers and a grouper (marine betta). I had to surrender my lion fish because Im deathly allergic to them. I now keep just eels and my marine betta, and recently got a baby snapper and a porcupine puffer. For a 90 gallon you could do a dwarf lion, one of the smaller (2 foot) eels, and leaf fish is also an option. I really love my marine betta, he is shy but when he is out he is stunning!
How did you learn you are allergic? I really want a lionfish, even if it’s only a dwarf until I get a bigger tank. I’m allergic to wasp but I haven’t seen any confirmation if lionfish venom will affect me the same way or not.
 
I had a more predator dominated tank in my 125! Had 4 lions, eels, triggers and a grouper (marine betta). I had to surrender my lion fish because Im deathly allergic to them. I now keep just eels and my marine betta, and recently got a baby snapper and a porcupine puffer. For a 90 gallon you could do a dwarf lion, one of the smaller (2 foot) eels, and leaf fish is also an option. I really love my marine betta, he is shy but when he is out he is stunning!
How did you learn you are allergic? I really want a lionfish, even if it’s only a dwarf until I get a bigger tank. I’m allergic to wasp but I haven’t seen any confirmation if lionfish venom will affect me the same way or not.
 
How did you learn you are allergic? I really want a lionfish, even if it’s only a dwarf until I get a bigger tank. I’m allergic to wasp but I haven’t seen any confirmation if lionfish venom will affect me the same way or not.
I got stung twice. Had to be rushed to the ER both times with a severe life threatening allergic reaction. And the doctor consulted a specialist I guess after they got me stable as a lionfish sting was not something they had seen before in CO and I guess the specialist said the venom had some of the same properties as bee and wasp stings so their conclusion was I was probably severely allergic to those too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new