Premium Snowflake Clownfish and Green BTA pairing!

Bryce Mazloum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Hey! This is my first post on here so I'd love some feedback! ^w^

So I have a little ORA premium snowflake clownfish that I lovingly named Holli and she's been doing absolutely amazing, she's got an amazing personality. I also got a large green bubble tip anemone with the idea of them pairing, after a week of trying different methods I finally put the two in a breeding container earlier today and now she's showing signs of going in.
did I finally do it?!
15469008292716007190117965065130.jpg.ab7287f266e692efc5d4ca23beed3130.jpg

For the past hour she's been poking her head under the nem and on occasion darting in and out of it, shes also slowed down drastically (when I got her she was flying around the tank like there was no tomorrow)

I'd love to know what your opinions are ^~^

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef !!!
IMO it better for the them to “naturally” pair because it allows the clownfish to devolved sting cells.

OP
OP
Bryce Mazloum

Bryce Mazloum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef !!!
IMO it better for the them to “naturally” pair because it allows the clownfish to devolved sting cells.
ah gotcha, I was planning on that but my impatience got the better of me, sorry!
But I think it's turning out well, right? I'm planning on letting them spend the night together and see what happens in the morning

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gets to a lot of us..lol

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can actually harm the fish if they have not adapted to nems sting cells just FYI, so we usually do not advise forced close proximity.

Patience is a good thing in this hobby

OP
OP
Bryce Mazloum

Bryce Mazloum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can actually harm the fish if they have not adapted to nems sting cells just FYI, so we usually do not advise forced close proximity.

Patience is a good thing in this hobby
I mean when I saw her at the store she was hosting a nem there, so I think she might be okay?
Idk I'm just telling myself things so I don't feel bad about myself x.x

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean when I saw her at the store she was hosting a nem there, so I think she might be okay?
Idk I'm just telling myself things so I don't feel bad about myself x.x

Well that could make a difference maybe depending on type of anemone.
Really BTA is not a natural host match for ocellaris, so they often can take much longer to recognize them, and it could have been in a natural host at LFS, we are guessing from our end and just going down normal procedure on advice.

We don't want to make you feel bad, or the fish either, just advice for best chance of success.

OP
OP
Bryce Mazloum

Bryce Mazloum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that could make a difference maybe depending on type of anemone.
Really BTA is not a natural host match for ocellaris, so they often can take much longer to recognize them, and it could have been in a natural host at LFS, we are guessing from our end and just going down normal procedure on advice.

We don't want to make you feel bad, or the fish either, just advice for best chance of success.
I understand, I've been watching her and now she's starting to back parts of her body into the nem, rub them on the tentacles and then swim away for a few seconds to the top of the tank before doing the same thing with a different part.
And at the store she was held in a tank with some ultra sun anemones, and I saw her rub up against them a few times but she never fully went in to one, she was always at the very top of the tank trying to interact with people.
and just now she started rubbing her topside and her bottom on the nem.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sounds like she's trying to adapt to sting cells maybe.

Tank bred often are very friendly and see you as the feeder, so they often respond well to people and not as shy.

I would just make sure it can back away from nem as needed.

OP
OP
Bryce Mazloum

Bryce Mazloum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sounds like she's trying to adapt to sting cells maybe.

Tank bred often are very friendly and see you as the feeder, so they often respond well to people and not as shy.

I would just make sure it can back away from nem as needed.

she has plenty of space, from the pic the nem takes up like 1/6 of the floor of the breeder box

OP
OP
Bryce Mazloum

Bryce Mazloum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whelp I turned the lights off a little while ago and she started sleeping in it!!!
she's been going in it, under it, she absolutely loves it
I'm so happy nothing went wrong!!! ^w^'

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back