Prepping QT for future fish?

AmazingYocool

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2024
Messages
81
Reaction score
64
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now, my daimond goby and big eye soldier fish are in a QT tank. I plan to move them before my new fish arrive by post. My question is; how should I acclimate these fish back into the reef? They are being dosed with copper... Can I just drip acclimate them or is there a process because of the copper?

Also should I reset the tank cause of the copper? I just want them in QT so i can make sure they dont have ich or flukes or anything like that

If it helps my new fish arriving is short body soldier fish, lookdown fish, and a pipefish. (i think the lookdown and pipefish wont adjust well to the copper)
 
For the transfer from the qt to the dt, just make sure not to pour the water from the qt in with the fish. Drip then net.

Your qt should be reset after every inhabitant.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new