Prime ai 16 mini reef settings

Wrothgar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been tweaking some presets and I need some professional opinions on what I've been able to create. It's a 20 gal long mini reef has been up for 3 years but this is the first prime I've owned and it's quite the upgrade from what I'm used to. I want to ensure that I'm utilizing it correctly. Thank you guys. Tried to upload my .aip settings unfortunately it isn't allowed so here's a screenshot...

Screenshot_20231211-191244.png

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The experts may need some more information and insight into your % settings throughout the day as well as a description of the kind of tank you run and the livestock you care for.

OP
OP
Wrothgar

Wrothgar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The experts may need some more information and insight into your % settings throughout the day as well as a description of the kind of tank you run and the livestock you care for.
So I've got a 6 line wrasse a hammer, Duncan, and a gsp. It's a 20 long. The settings i posted would be the max after a 3 hour ramp time. Let me pose this question, what settings would you be using personally?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got a 6 line wrasse a hammer, Duncan, and a gsp. It's a 20 long. The settings i posted would be the max after a 3 hour ramp time. Let me pose this question, what settings would you be using personally?
Whatever settings that would give me the required PAR for the Duncans depending on where you have placed them in your tank - with consideration to whatever corals I want to keep in the future! :)

Do you have access to a PAR meter? Your LFS may very well have one they rent out so that you can actually tune the lights without just "hoping for the best" :)

In my experience, Duncan corals thrive in moderate water flow and low to moderate lighting (PAR 120-250).

Do you have any reason to believe that your settings are not good right now? Lighting is often a "set it and forget it" situation with your corals adapting slowly.

If you want to keep tampering with it, remember, it's easier to over-light than under-light. Start slow and ramp bit by bit.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Try UV - 65%
Royal blue - 65%
White- 12%
Red - 4%
Green- 3%

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back