Prime HD Settings Need advice

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Prime HD's for my 90 gallon aquarium. I have no idea of what settings to use, therefore I am guessing. I have a beautiful pink tube anemone that I transferred from my 32 gallon biocube to the 90 gallon and the some of the tentacles are beginning to look a little brown. I will have a mixture of fish, anemones (tube, bubble tips and carpets) in the tank. I also have a candy cane coral and brain coral.

What settings are good for the growth and coloration of corals? What light intensity to much? I am worried about how to know when the light is too intense versus not enough. Currently my blues run about 60-70%. I appreciate any help I can get.

A.Percula

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lisa,

I think two Al Prime HD are not enough for a 90 gallon tank (for SPS). I use two for a 40IM and I think is not enough for my tank. There is a nice video from BRS about al Prime and they use the AB+ setting spectrum.

CoralsAddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I max out blues, low white and pretty much don’t use the rest of the colors at all.
I agree with above post. My Prime HD wasn’t even enough for my IM 20 Nuvo. So for your 90 you will need at least 4 of them (every 12” assuming your tank is standard 48” tank).

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lisa,

I think two Al Prime HD are not enough for a 90 gallon tank (for SPS). I use two for a 40IM and I think is not enough for my tank. There is a nice video from BRS about al Prime and they use the AB+ setting spectrum.

Trying to find advice on my IM 40.
Currently running 1 prime until save more cash. Just started so mostly softies. What settings are you running?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run three on my 40b as reference. With these settings for a mixed reef.
4762cfdab5570e86df36d9a0c5ec487d.jpg
. Upped my red and green to 6% each

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lisa,

Thank you!

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Than
I max out blues, low white and pretty much don’t use the rest of the colors at all.
I agree with above post. My Prime HD wasn’t even enough for my IM 20 Nuvo. So for your 90 you will need at least 4 of them (every 12” assuming your tank is standard 48” tank).

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all of you!!! I appreciate the help. I will get additional HD Primes. I have a True Lumen blue LED Strip that I will use. I was worried about to much light when transferring from a 32 gallon biocube to the HD Prime lights. I am going to reset my lights and leave them alone for stability. I am going to make sure that my blues are high. Do anemone do well in blue light?

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find advice on my IM 40.
Currently running 1 prime until save more cash. Just started so mostly softies. What settings are you running?
Hello, I am new to primes and was not sure of the settings. I was running My lights come on at 8:00 am and I was running them low everything at 20% but after 8:10 am I went to 63-69 % with the blues. Now I know that my settings are messed up. I am getting ready to change them and leave them in a few minutes. I will send you my final settings.

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my settings thus far for my two Prime HD. The settings below exist from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm. As he time nears 10:00 the green, deep red and cool white deceases from 11% to 9% to 5% to 0% . From 9-10:00 pm the Green, Deep Red, Cool white are at 0%. If anyone has input on my settings please let me know.
81% UV
85% Violet
85% Royal
85%
11% Green
11% Deep Red
11% Cool White

databox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the AI website they have the signature series of settings. You can go through each one, find one that looks good to your eyes. Then you can upload those settings to your lights. It's pretty easy to do. I believe they have instructions for it. I am currently running the Stuart Bertram settings.

http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back