Primo deco live rock/Australian liverock

Dalontodd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can buy live rock like this? Or Australian live rock that isn’t sold out? I’ve tried numerous places for Australian and can’t seem to find it anywhere in stock.
I am also having trouble finding the primo deco live rock that isn’t sold out. I don’t need much of it.
Unique corals said they might have a shipment come in next week. But I don’t want to have to rely on that and not be able to buy it if it sells out fast. If any of y’all can point me in the right direction. It would be greatly appreciated!

BABF992D-50E3-4BCA-A42D-5FD42F7C7961.jpeg 82175A2F-20BD-43F8-AA7E-EBD3A7ABEE0B.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Dalontodd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately. Gulf live rock only offers more than what I need and is currently out of stock with a package that I was looking at. KP aquatics is currently closed/not accepting orders until January 10th

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another plug for Gulf Live Rock and Tampa Bay Saltwater. But it's winter and the holidays, so most places are closed for a couple of weeks and shipping is tricky this time of year until temps are well above freezing. It could take some time.

OP
OP
D

Dalontodd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked a terrible time to be searching for this then. Lol
I’ve been looking for a few weeks before I decided to make this thread.
should’ve done this in the summer months!

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately. Gulf live rock only offers more than what I need and is currently out of stock with a package that I was looking at. KP aquatics is currently closed/not accepting orders until January 10th
Get the Premium rock from www.tbsaltwater.com
Waters are cooling down though this time of year. Might not be quite as amazing now as it is in the warmer months.

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I picked a terrible time to be searching for this then. Lol
I’ve been looking for a few weeks before I decided to make this thread.
should’ve done this in the summer months!
End of the year is a bad time for shipping anything. Earlier this month I picked up rock from Gulf, KP, and Unique. You should have better luck the first of the year. You can search my previous post to see some pictures from each. I have a thread on my cryptic sump.

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
At 25 a pound at unqiue I don’t think they will sell out that fast :p

They did the last round they posted. I purchased ~20 lbs myself. I spend way more on corals, that spending $500 on rock is a drop in the bucket to ensure I have biodiversity to keep a successful tank.

OP
OP
D

Dalontodd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!! I’ll be keeping my eye out in the coming weeks for stock on the places y’all have recommended! Happy new year!

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're not looking for alot. Try the "treasure chest" packages from TBS. I have one coming in on the 11th that I plan on maintaining in a bucket under light and occasional feeding. I'm storing it for when I'm ready for another tank it'll just be going to the bucket and pulling out what I need. I just started my nano with the aussie stuff from unique and it's amazing. Just plain flat luck for me. I saw where they posted up what seemed to be about 15lbs of small stuff and rubble and I scooped up 5lbs. The rest was sold out the next day. I kept their site up on my desktop at work for a month refreshing it several times a day.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does 5 pounds look like on pick rock ? Got pics

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure do. Keep in mind. This is the unique corals rock. Not the TBS treasure chest. I don't want to hijack this thread. If you'd like more detailed pictures they're in my nano journal.
20230104_183017.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dalontodd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure do. Keep in mind. This is the unique corals rock. Not the TBS treasure chest. I don't want to hijack this thread. If you'd like more detailed pictures they're in my nano journal.
20230104_183017.jpg
Hijack the thread! If you have the info, Spread it!

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking about TBS rock and Aussie one, I ordered both and Aussie had mostly coralline and some halimeda on it, but no other stuff, like sponges, bryozoans or tunicates, but reading threads here some reefers hate sponges and other stuff on their rock.

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait on Kp's rock. It's absolutely worth it. I am starting a new 120G and this go around, I am doing a mix of aussie rock and KP. 20 pounds of Aussie and 60 poinds of KP. They started shipping again this week.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back