Private Message Export - error and fix

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I hit my PM quota today. So I went to export some messages using the .xml, .csv, and .txt links at the bottom of our PM inbox.

It was erroring out. I could export 30 at a time with no problems, but I couldn't export them all at once.

I got the message of an invalid parameter fed to a for loop. This caused the session to start prematurely which further complicated matters as now the .xml or .txt or .csv export could not set the header type properly.

So I started digging through some of my messages and noticed that my oldest messages on my last page were, my best guess, corrupt. They were dated 1969 and had no subject and no links to view them. After deleting them (there were approximately 40 of them), I can now export all PM's at once.

So if you get errors when trying to export all of your PM's, check your oldest PM's and see if you have some weird corrupt messages there. (My best guess from other sites I am webmaster on is that these derived from one of the imports from older forum software.)

Hope this helps!
:D
-Who Dah?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 76 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back