Pro Star Rimless 200

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried adjusting the feet but that just threw the doors out of wack further.
Yea, I was cursing those doors, I don't know how many calls to them I had.... :rolleyes:

In the end what worked for me:

1. Shim/level without water
2. Fill with water
3. Shim/level with water
4. Adjusted doors

The doors where out of level and actually got better after steps 1-3.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like I got lucky on my doors and the fact my tank was level upon setting it up, and also stayed level with water in it.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I get the doors right the space under the tank is larger if I close the space to almost non existing the doors get pinched and won’t open or close
What a PITA!
I’ve already marred the finish by pinching the middle door against the tank
This really shouldn’t be a major issue

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I get the doors right the space under the tank is larger if I close the space to almost non existing the doors get pinched and won’t open or close
What a PITA!
I’ve already marred the finish by pinching the middle door against the tank
This really shouldn’t be a major issue
Sounds like I got lucky on my doors and the fact my tank was level upon setting it up, and also stayed level with water in it.
You are blessed!
The first thing I noticed when unboxing the stand was the center door sagging.
On a positive note the people at Pro clear were excellent and spent time with me to get this right but it’s still an issue.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a positive note, changing socks is super easy
Just hang the dirty ones on the covers and let them drip so you don’t have to hear it about the wet floor
LOL
image.jpg

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are blessed!
The first thing I noticed when unboxing the stand was the center door sagging.
On a positive note the people at Pro clear were excellent and spent time with me to get this right but it’s still an issue.

Yeah totally. I was expecting to need to do it based on my research. Was very happy.

I think the right side door is very very slightly off, but I don't think I could really fix it to be better and it's really not very noticeable.

I did have to adjust the little knobs on the inside that open and close the doors. But my middle one has a really hard time catching on the close. I think I will have to replace it soon.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah totally. I was expecting to need to do it based on my research. Was very happy.

I think the right side door is very very slightly off, but I don't think I could really fix it to be better and it's really not very noticeable.

I did have to adjust the little knobs on the inside that open and close the doors. But my middle one has a really hard time catching on the close. I think I will have to replace it soon.
Yep me too
My left one doesn’t catch well and I push it in before I close the door

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep me too
My left one doesn’t catch well and I push it in before I close the door

Yeah, I often do that because it's easier. Put a little side pressure on it to catch.

I'm having a heck of a hard time finding a way to put a lid on with the 3/4" glass.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like such a shame to have to put a lid on the rimless, Can't get around it?

It is a shame, and I definitely wish. But it's not my first rimless tank and I've lost too many fish in the past. So now I always do lids.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand and going to try my luck I've got my fish quarantined for 2 months now using the hypo salinity method.

In my experience it's just a matter of time before it happens.

Your glass isn't as thick as mine, so you can probably find clips for a lid. If it's flush with the top of the tank, it's not that noticeable.

I'm probably going to throw some home depot screens on top for the short term and then order a custom lid that will take months to arrive. It's the only solution I've found.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience it's just a matter of time before it happens.

Your glass isn't as thick as mine, so you can probably find clips for a lid. If it's flush with the top of the tank, it's not that noticeable.

I'm probably going to throw some home depot screens on top for the short term and then order a custom lid that will take months to arrive. It's the only solution I've found.
True but I love the rimless look and fear that the screen would take away from that
DDC779C4-540B-4D8B-AC3F-329AE5732711.jpeg

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you get all the luck I didn't get. :D
Thanks! My salinity is at 1.021 and climbing slowly. I've been doing 5 gallon water changes from the display into the 40 breeder and seeing an increase of .001 each time (.020 to 1.021) that's fine as I've read the fish sometimes don't do well if they are rushed from hypo to normal salinity.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! My salinity is at 1.021 and climbing slowly. I've been doing 5 gallon water changes from the display into the 40 breeder and seeing an increase of .001 each time (.020 to 1.021) that's fine as I've read the fish sometimes don't do well if they are rushed from hypo to normal salinity.

Cool, I've never done that. Or done a quarentine tank. I have 40 breeder still in the cardboard, I've just never set it up. Some of my fish going in I've had for years, and the other 2 tangs are really small and I've had them for over a month. So I'll just be putting them in once the tank is ready.

I'm finally starting to fill my tank last night and today. I'm hoping to have it filled by tomorrow. Such a slow process off the RODI filter. Took like 15 minutes for the leak test and a water hose.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been burnt in the past and I don't want to take the chance again. Believe me I've been tempted to just release them but I'm holding on.
I just did another 5 gallon water change and bumped the quarantine to 1.022. Slowly getting there.
Quarantine tank is an awesome thing to have. If you have the space you can go to Lowes and get the 36" X 18" adjustable shelves and just leave it set up for that purpose.
I have the top for frags and the bottom for fish. So far so good.
All the pipes good?
That's awesome!
You're on your way. Keep us updated

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for following. So far all is going smoothly. Getting ready to start transfering fish from quarantine to the display in the next couple of days. Trying to take tank pics with the phone but still coming out too blue. Going to have to get an app

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back