Probe Holders

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from being bulky, why don’t more people use probe holders?

E883F1BB-ACB8-4768-A708-9382C1B89F5D.jpeg 92F63E80-65C2-4189-9A66-EA70B140536C.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,wow..that is a long time for a first post :) lots of sumps are being made with built in holders,2nd apex has a much smaller magnetic holder,and officially

welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sump came with probe holders so I use them! Previous tank I used the Neptune probe holder and loved it.

OP
OP
Biologic

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,wow..that is a long time for a first post :) lots of sumps are being made with built in holders,2nd apex has a much smaller magnetic holder,and officially

welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

lol, I actually use to post on RC, and before that reefs.org, started this hobby in 2004, took a break in 2008, started a pico tank in 2014, stopped a year later, then just as of August 2020, started a JBJ Nano Cube, no hood, with a LED fixture hanging over it. Also hooked up with an Apex, hence the topic du jour. (I know right, an Apex on a JBJ) I got the JBJ for free. I always wanted an Apex.

I've lurked the aquarium blogs for years though and watched R2R grow at a distance.

Welcome ...
Well I’m not paying $40 for a genuine NEptune probe holder ...besides that temp probe fits nothing

I actually purchased an Apex probe holder, I give it a 3.5/5 . It needs to slim down a bit, and the magnet needs to be increased to the quality that of like a Tunze powerhead magnet. I am actually purchasing these guys to replace them.

I know that thick temp probe won't fit, but I have another idea for it. These give me a lot more space in my AIO sump area.

My sump came with probe holders so I use them! Previous tank I used the Neptune probe holder and loved it.

I like that option, if I had a sump. I am using a JBJ 28gal AIO. So very limited for space.

My problem/solution:

Apex Salinity Probe, which I know is very sensitive to bubbles, or if you look at it wrong. So I was thinking about making some type of fluidized in-line probe holder which would limit some variables to inaccurate readings. I could even have all the probes completely remote and isolated that way.

Why don't more people use in-line probe holders? Seems like it would be more common.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back