• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Probe Holders

Fragtacular Sale

fishguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
hi,wow..that is a long time for a first post :) lots of sumps are being made with built in holders,2nd apex has a much smaller magnetic holder,and officially

welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

WIReefer

Taking it day by day
View Badges
Reaction score
My sump came with probe holders so I use them! Previous tank I used the Neptune probe holder and loved it.

OP
B

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
hi,wow..that is a long time for a first post :) lots of sumps are being made with built in holders,2nd apex has a much smaller magnetic holder,and officially

welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
lol, I actually use to post on RC, and before that reefs.org, started this hobby in 2004, took a break in 2008, started a pico tank in 2014, stopped a year later, then just as of August 2020, started a JBJ Nano Cube, no hood, with a LED fixture hanging over it. Also hooked up with an Apex, hence the topic du jour. (I know right, an Apex on a JBJ) I got the JBJ for free. I always wanted an Apex.

I've lurked the aquarium blogs for years though and watched R2R grow at a distance.

Welcome ...
Well I’m not paying $40 for a genuine NEptune probe holder ...besides that temp probe fits nothing
I actually purchased an Apex probe holder, I give it a 3.5/5 . It needs to slim down a bit, and the magnet needs to be increased to the quality that of like a Tunze powerhead magnet. I am actually purchasing these guys to replace them.

I know that thick temp probe won't fit, but I have another idea for it. These give me a lot more space in my AIO sump area.

My sump came with probe holders so I use them! Previous tank I used the Neptune probe holder and loved it.
I like that option, if I had a sump. I am using a JBJ 28gal AIO. So very limited for space.

My problem/solution:

Apex Salinity Probe, which I know is very sensitive to bubbles, or if you look at it wrong. So I was thinking about making some type of fluidized in-line probe holder which would limit some variables to inaccurate readings. I could even have all the probes completely remote and isolated that way.

Why don't more people use in-line probe holders? Seems like it would be more common.

Corals.com

What is a good measure of success in this hobby? Choose all that apply!

• Tank Grown Coral Colonies

Votes: 258 73.7%
  • Colorful Corals

Votes: 198 56.6%
  • In Tank Coral Reproducing

Votes: 169 48.3%
  • Coraline Algae

Votes: 140 40.0%
  • Established Tank Time

Votes: 120 34.3%
  • Healthy Fish

Votes: 232 66.3%