Probe placement for my DA Reefkeeper Elite Titanium probes..

Hassablad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI all;

I finally did the deed and ordered my Reef Keeper. I got the RKE Titanium. I am wondering if placing the Temp and PH probes in the overflow is an acceptable location? I have the corner overflow bottom drilled 75gal Marineland tank. They would be invisible in this location but I don't know if this location will still give me accurate readings. Anyone have incite into this placement?

Last edited:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have constant level in the overflow as in a Durso type setup it will be golden, if not place in Skimmer section near incoming or near baffle to be a good flow area.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Hassablad

Hassablad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Todd;

It looks very similar here is a photo of the one I have( borrowed the photo from the net) Will this be close enough?

If you have constant level in the overflow as in a Durso type setup it will be golden, if not place in Skimmer section near incoming or near baffle to be a good flow area.

Cheers, Todd

The second photo is actually the one I have

Attachments

• images8FBCDDZN.jpg
    images8FBCDDZN.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 184
  • images277W40HG.jpg
    images277W40HG.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that should work out very well for you. The only issues I see that could cause problems would be if to much light gets to the Probes causing algal growth on them. If so an regular cleaning off with a toothbrush should solve it.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Hassablad

Hassablad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had any alga growth in my return area surprisingly. I have lots of Pineapple Sponges in their but no alga. lol

Yes, that should work out very well for you. The only issues I see that could cause problems would be if to much light gets to the Probes causing algal growth on them. If so an regular cleaning off with a toothbrush should solve it.

Cheers, Todd

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think anywhere would work as long as it is not a stagnant area. I've got one in the sump and two others hanging over the edge in the displays.

OP
OP
Hassablad

Hassablad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Harry... Been meaning to ask who draws your Avatar? Love the mini Bug's and Easter egg.

Gary Inwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cheers, Todd
TJ but what if you have a power outage and the water drains from the overflow, the temp probe would read the wrong temp and may cause the heater to stay on and cook your sump water.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back