Problem with aquamax fc 80 skimmer

Shanephillips27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m having an issue the other day I did a water change and normally I don’t turn my skimmer back on for about 24 hours. But ended up turning it on right away. The skimmer started going nuts. Started thinking about it and I think it’s because I put a brand new sock in and forgot to wash it first. So I’ve been letting the skimmer run with the cup off for 2 days now and it’s still foaming like crazy. So someone suggested I attach the drain hose and pull out about three or so gallons of water and then replace with fresh saltwater. So I did this however skimmer is still psychotic lol any input is welcome. Skimmer was working beautifully till I did this. Skimmer is still over foaming it’s been 7 days I don’t know what to do any help is appreciated thanks?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Big G is trying to keep this on the front page so more people will see it. Bump

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok got it I appreciate it thank you! Cause it’s still going crazy and I don’t know what to do

Did you clean the unit and how new is it. Did you add any bacteria or anything like that? A cleaned unit will need a little break in period. Adding bacteria can cause the unit to foam.

OP
OP
S

Shanephillips27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you clean the unit and how new is it. Did you add any bacteria or anything like that? A cleaned unit will need a little break in period. Adding bacteria can cause the unit to foam.

No the unit has been running flawlessly since I put it in about a month ago and then last Sunday when I did my normal water change I forgot to rinse a brand new filter sock before I put it in. Since then I’ve taken sock out. Let the skimmer drain about 2 gallons of water and then replaced with new water. And still nothing

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back