Problem with EcoTech Radion XR15 Pro G5

AuggieReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Purchased a Ecotech Radion XR15 Pro Gen 5 three days ago as I was attracted not only to the light but also to the idea that I could set a lighting schedule and not have to worry about manually switching on and off lights anymore.

Unfortunately my satisfaction was short lived after I set up the light and put together my lighting schedule. I set my light to switch on at 12pm (while I am at work) each day with a 30 minute ramp up period and to power off at 9:30pm with a 30 minute gradual ramp down. The schedule worked for the first day, but has not worked since then. I have come home at 6pm for the past two days to find that the light never turned on.

When I launch Mobius and select “resume schedule” it begins to work which is completely beside the point of setting a schedule.

I have checked and confirmed that the time and date are set correctly in the app and have also contacted Ecotech who have only advised me to check the time and date which I have done multiple times.

Even attempted a factory reset on the item. It’s really frustrating me at this point as my coral health is dependant upon the lighting turning on per its schedule.

Anybody else having the same issue with this light or have any ideas of how to resolve it?

Cblair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps but ive had my g5 radion do the same. What i find works is every time i look at the lighting schedule in mobious i always hit resume schedule before leaving the app. Have not had the issue since i started doing that.

OP
OP
AuggieReefer

AuggieReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps but ive had my g5 radion do the same. What i find works is every time i look at the lighting schedule in mobious i always hit resume schedule before leaving the app. Have not had the issue since i started doing that.
Thanks for the advice! Definitely worth a shot. I might try this tomorrow morning prior to heading out for work and see how we go. Though it does seem the app is a little buggy and has teething issues which is a shame. Hopefully they fix these ASAP.

OP
OP
AuggieReefer

AuggieReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of complaints with the G5s and Mobius. I can't believe that this stuff was released from one of the top companies in reef lighting. Its 2020 and if my $1000 smart phone can't control my $1000 Radions, then I'm shopping for something else.
I’m definitely seeing that this is a common issue the more research I do into the matter. Totally agree that for the price point of this light it should not have this sort of basic issue. Seems that maybe the production or app development was rushed. I’m a little annoyed by it if I’m totally honest. I’ve contacted Ecotech support once again and received a reply this time admitting that this is a known issue with the G5 XR series and that their engineers are working hard to fix the issue. However they are unable to give any sort it timeframe for when it will be resolved.

Wishing that I purchased an AI Prime or Hydra instead...

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And people make fun of Kessil and their Spectral controller. Give me a hardwired controller any day of the week. I've had absolutely no issues whatsoever with my Kessil products.

Hendrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four and was having a number of issues. The firmware released a week or 2 ago eliminated a bunch of issues with my devices. The Light when working is awesome. I think they will get it corrected. I ranted in another thread about the wire connections come apart if you breath near it... Maybe it would cost more with a good connecter. I used zip ties & electrical tape. Its in the wall and out of sight now.

Please enhance Mobius or let me control via apex.

I have video cameras on my system and can fix things remotely except for these lights. I need to be right in. front of the tank.

mine are 30's

ReeferSpot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the light but I am very disappointed that this issue wasn't caught before the release. Having to remember to hit "resume schedule" every morning and night is annoying.

OP
OP
AuggieReefer

AuggieReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four and was having a number of issues. The firmware released a week or 2 ago eliminated a bunch of issues with my devices. The Light when working is awesome. I think they will get it corrected. I ranted in another thread about the wire connections come apart if you breath near it... Maybe it would cost more with a good connecter. I used zip ties & electrical tape. Its in the wall and out of sight now.

Please enhance Mobius or let me control via apex.

I have video cameras on my system and can fix things remotely except for these lights. I need to be right in. front of the tank.

mine are 30's
Totally agree that Mobius needs to be enhanced. Hoping Ecotech are really taking this feedback to make improvements soon. I’m really happy with their products (I have multiple) when they function properly!

OP
OP
AuggieReefer

AuggieReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Ecotech released a firmware update last night that fixed the issue! No longer having to tap “Resume Schedule” in the app for the light to come on. So glad this has been resolved.

ReeferSpot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Ecotech released a firmware update last night that fixed the issue! No longer having to tap “Resume Schedule” in the app for the light to come on. So glad this has been resolved.

Got it! Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

azreefkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had pretty good luck with the pair of XR15 G5 Pros over my 5ft 100G. I have to admit though that setting up the daily lighting schedule was confusing as hell. Even now, creating new profiles often means toying around with the daily "segments" for several minutes just to get it right, and then configuring the various LED groups adds more time to that.

Does anyone know if there is a good forum to share Radion profiles? I've really been interested in seeing if there are ways to share these with others and try out new settings. Right now the 3 or 4 default ones seem way too blue. I like my reefs to look like daylight much of the day with periods of bluish fluorescence during morning and evening.

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread bump but has anyone noticed that the intensities of the G5s can vary greatly between lights? Ive had issuea with my stuff from day one but at this point my gripe is that the newest G5 i bought gives me say a par value of 250@40 intensity. When i export the same template to the other light, i have to put it to 50 to get the same numbers. It is visually dimmer if i dont do this.

Is it just mine?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back