Problem with my Coral

workcompman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this coral a few weeks ago and it looks like it having some issues I have Hydra 32HD I start the lights at 10:30 at a low blue and ramp up over the days were they peak at 3 to 6 pm and ramp down from there. THe lights and new I would like some recommendations on setting and any suggestions on what might be wrong with the coral ?

IMG_20200518_122741_0.jpg IMG_20200518_122754_5.jpg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should probably test all your water parameters to see if any of them are out of whack as well...it's definitely not looking good right now! I am not familiar with that particular light, but maybe some of our #reefsquad members might no more about those lights.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Is this a new aquarium? It looks like you have a Anemone of some sort.This is not a good creature to keep if you are beginner.

OP
OP
workcompman

workcompman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My
You should probably test all your water parameters to see if any of them are out of whack as well...it's definitely not looking good right now! I am not familiar with that particular light, but maybe some of our #reefsquad members might no more about those lights.

Water is perfect all 4 NIT's PHO and CAL

OP
OP
workcompman

workcompman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 do a full parameter check, suspect the lights last as it doesn't sound like they are being blasted with light.

Not sure what you mean I ramp up slow around 1030 with low blue's then it goes to blue white never full power then ramps down at night

OP
OP
workcompman

workcompman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give us the values you got?
[/QUOTE
Using API test kit NO2 0 NO 3 0 PH hard to tell wit the test kit looks like .25 and I have the Aquaforest PH test kit its hard to tell but it in the .01 to .05 range Salinity 1.29 Thanks for you help I am wondering if my light schedule is to much or not correct I start ramping up low blueish white at 10:30 around 3 it peaks then ramos down again and shuts off 9:30 pm this may sound stupid but I am not even sure what the coral piece is I think is a Montipora Capricornis Picture 1 more power light I turned on for the picture picture 2 is more like I keep the light on a regular basis Its looking better since the post

IMG_20200525_171913_6.jpg IMG_20200525_171717_4.jpg

Last edited:

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some I understand and some I don't, Salinity I'm guessing is 1.029 which is high, pH is 0.25 - 0.01-0.05? Bit confused here. Should be a range og 7-9. Also have you measured alkalinity and calcium?

LIGHT schedule and intensity is very variable depending on corals, tank size, tank depth and so on, for example here is mine with 1 ai prime over a 29g cube.

Capture+_2020-05-25-14-24-20.png

Can you post your so we can see what it looks like along with your tank size.

OP
OP
workcompman

workcompman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly new reefer I use to have a guy come over and do my old tank all the time. We moved and I set up a new tank but took all my old rock mature rock and fish. your look like you have the same light app I do I have hydra 32 HD's 2 of them. The guy from the aquarium store stopped buy and help set up the lights but I think they are a little 2 blue in the morning. My tank is 29 tall 49 wide 25 deep I would love to test your settings I am not really sure how to use the light app. My Calcium is 425 my salinity is a little high on my last water change last week I mixed it a little to strong but from what I have been reading 1.029 to 1.031 is OK I usually keep it 1.025 to 1.027 range. The phosphate I got some live chato and started keeping it in my box below and that seemed to help. that's what your referring to PH Phosphate .25 on the little color card. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app is super easy to use and you can find plenty of instructional videos by aqua illumination on YouTube that will help you out. We indeed do have the same app the Hydra 32 is just 2 ai prime pucks in one fixture both made by the same company.

From my schedule you can see the first few hours my light is on it is only blue, mainly for my viewing pleasure as I get ready in the morning to start my day, after that it ramps up to normal so too blue in the morning isn't of itself a bad thing.

Post your schedule so we can see what's going on.

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty could probably do with a little more intensity but anything you do, do it slow, use the light acclimation tool in the app.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back