OP
louivee

louivee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I dosed and my corals one time and all closed up and didn’t like it at all after that I forced myself to do a 50 % water change with the water from LFS now I do not know what salt salinity is 1.025 (refractometer) checked myself on a normal bases since it’s such a small body of water I do about 5 gallons every week and top off with RO when needed … I checked in with my LFS and they told me no other neutrients were needed as long as I did water changes everything should go as planned and was told I didn’t have to but if I did it wouldn’t hurt WELL it did so I keep it simple
I was told torches like a higher mag level then most other corals I dosed mag and my toadstool completely closed up the the game tho

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told torches like a higher mag level then most other corals I dosed mag and my toadstool completely closed up the the game tho
Water changes should be fine. 5 gallons a week on a 14 gallon tank? That would be 30% or a little over which seems like a lot based on your light bioload. 2 gallon/week would still be 8/month which is more than 50% each month, and plenty for a tank with just a few corals that need calcium. I wonder if your nitrate and phosphate are really low from the water changes and the torch is losing tissue from lack of food. Have you had nitrate and phosphate tested?

and just a FYI. Shouldn’t dose anything without testing first ;)

OP
OP
louivee

louivee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water changes should be fine. 5 gallons a week on a 14 gallon tank? That would be 30% or a little over which seems like a lot based on your light bioload. 2 gallon/week would still be 8/month which is more than 50% each month, and plenty for a tank with just a few corals that need calcium. I wonder if your nitrate and phosphate are really low from the water changes and the torch is losing tissue from lack of food. Have you had nitrate and phosphate tested?

and just a FYI. Shouldn’t dose anything without testing first ;)
So your telling me 2 gallons a week should be fine ?

Manny D. Mandarin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
orientation just like @Shirak stated I’m gonna keep a close eye on this but I wanna say the torch is enjoying the new flow ? And placement ? Also going to keep my eye on water quality overall Lol
It definitely looks happier with the new flow and if your parameters are in check- hopefully that is all that it needed! I would still consider spot feeding it if it is willing to take in food :)

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your telling me 2 gallons a week should be fine ?
If all my information is correct.. 14g tank with 3 stony corals. Small monti, Duncan, and torch. Then yes I think 2g /week is fine for now. With stony corals like these you should at least have a descent alk test kit so you can monitor alk in your tank to make sure it is at the proper levels over time. I use the Hanna dkh checker

OP
OP
louivee

louivee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all my information is correct.. 14g tank with 3 stony corals. Small monti, Duncan, and torch. Then yes I think 2g /week is fine for now. With stony corals like these you should at least have a descent alk test kit so you can monitor alk in your tank to make sure it is at the proper levels over time. I use the Hanna dkh checker
Will invest in one today what do you use for regular water checks

OP
OP
louivee

louivee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will invest in one today what do you use for regular water checks
B6D399A9-6990-42ED-9F60-B6977D898DDB.jpeg
Another update on the torch !!!!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back