Problem with Nero 5 (child) phase setting in random mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was the only one having issues I’ve literally spent the last four hours going between child/Phase watching the BRS video like 15 times....

OP
OP
derekh

derekh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty unforgivable this never got fixed in my opinion. You can try a decent alternating random mode schedule I posted earlier in this thread if you want to mimic anti-sync in random, but if it were me I'd cut my losses and return the second pump. I'm very happy with my MP-40s as well!

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty unforgivable this never got fixed in my opinion. You can try a decent alternating random mode schedule I posted earlier in this thread if you want to mimic anti-sync in random, but if it were me I'd cut my losses and return the second pump. I'm very happy with my MP-40s as well!
That sounds like good advice, I’m trying it again now but I’m just wore out trying to get this to work I’m returning it tomorrow

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. It makes me so mad that they haven't fixed this. Unfortunalty I switched from my mp40s to the neros bc I have a corner bow tank and the mps both are angled towards the front center glass making a sand storm where the neros I can angle. I wish I could have done that with the mps. If they had the same anti sync and random switched faster like the mps do they would absolutely be perfect.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread. I was facing the same problems and was really disappointing to see this outcome. Make me want to trade in mine too. Not sure if I can still do it.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else out there with 2 Nero 5 pumps that can test this out? I wish I could get random anti-sync to work!!
I have two. The phase option does nothing in my opinion. I’ve watched the BRS video countless times to no avail. I thought about returning my second one because I just got it and I’m putting both of them on a 125 on each end. I was so impressed with the first one I thought hey I’ll go ahead and get a second one for the larger tank. I’ve had zero luck. They offered for me to send the pump back to BRS and could test it but what good would that do? It’s not there a problem I guess? I’m very disappointed as well.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had replied to them asking why this was noted as a defect before, and suddenly it's not:

"This is something we are still looking into, however, it is not a defect. There will likely be a change in the future regarding this mode in the app. When the change comes, it will likely just put each pump in random since there is no true anti-sync to random mode."
They’ve been saying that since August of last year

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing you can do is to just time them out one to run for a certain amount of seconds, and then set the other one to do the same that’s what I do it’s not perfect. If anybody else has any ideas or find a solution please update us, very frustrated

RazorRamon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is still wondering they fixed it last week. An update came out and now they all go into an actual anti-sync or synchronized random mode.
360F49FA-C900-456A-8C3B-ECCAB5018AB9.jpeg

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still doesn’t work for me. I have phase set to 180 and both are always doing the same flow in random mode.

Zeman4323

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just tried a phase of 180 in random mode and both pumps do indeed seem to be doing the same thing. Seems like it is still an issue. Maybe not everyone has received the update yet?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back