Problem with Nero 5 (child) phase setting in random mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

klimfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can confirm my two Nero 3's are still ignoring the phase for Random mode...

FIX THIS AQUAILLUMINATION!!!

Sjet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per AI website, it looks like phase shift is not supported in random mode.

"The random mode does not have a cycle. It will simply change to a new random intensity once a minute, therefore, the phase does not apply to Random."

TheYear2525

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What nonsense is that? At one point I switched my Neros for MP40s. Mobius can run the Neros now, too, and so I put them in again. Of course they don't sync with the MP40s, fair enough. But I just noticed that the random antisync isn't working. This is a popular and useful flow pattern, I can't belive they are not capable of it. There have been firmware updates but it's still not implemented in 2023. That's kinda sad. They seem to be perfeclty in 0 ° phase, though, so why not 180 ° ? :frowning-face:

Last edited:

Neko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What nonsense is that? At one point I switched my Neros for MP40s. Mobius can run the Neros now, too, and so I put them in again. Of course they don't sync with the MP40s, fair enough. But I just noticed that the random antisync isn't working. This is a popular and useful flow pattern, I can't belive they are not capable of it. There have been firmware updates but it's still not implemented in 2023. That's kinda sad. They seem to be perfeclty in 0 ° phase, though, so why not 180 ° ? :frowning-face:
I believe not supporting random anti-sync in Nero is their marketing strategy.
(AI and Ecotech Marine are same company)

I recently switched to two Nero3's from two MP10's. I'm setting both Random mode with highest variances in Nero's. It's not good as MP10's ReefCrest anti-sync but the flow looks ok to my acros.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back