Problem with Nero 5 (child) phase setting in random mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter derekh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Can confirm my two Nero 3's are still ignoring the phase for Random mode...

FIX THIS AQUAILLUMINATION!!!
 
What nonsense is that? At one point I switched my Neros for MP40s. Mobius can run the Neros now, too, and so I put them in again. Of course they don't sync with the MP40s, fair enough. But I just noticed that the random antisync isn't working. This is a popular and useful flow pattern, I can't belive they are not capable of it. There have been firmware updates but it's still not implemented in 2023. That's kinda sad. They seem to be perfeclty in 0 ° phase, though, so why not 180 ° ? :frowning-face:
 
Last edited:
What nonsense is that? At one point I switched my Neros for MP40s. Mobius can run the Neros now, too, and so I put them in again. Of course they don't sync with the MP40s, fair enough. But I just noticed that the random antisync isn't working. This is a popular and useful flow pattern, I can't belive they are not capable of it. There have been firmware updates but it's still not implemented in 2023. That's kinda sad. They seem to be perfeclty in 0 ° phase, though, so why not 180 ° ? :frowning-face:
I believe not supporting random anti-sync in Nero is their marketing strategy.
(AI and Ecotech Marine are same company)

I recently switched to two Nero3's from two MP10's. I'm setting both Random mode with highest variances in Nero's. It's not good as MP10's ReefCrest anti-sync but the flow looks ok to my acros.
 
This setup accomplishes 2 things:

1) It forces the turbulence point to spend more time along the ends of the tank, though it will still hit the middle of the tank.

2) It sets a floor and a ceiling to the flowrate in the tank. Two pumps set to random 0-100% might both be at 0% or both be at 100% at the same time (both conditions probably not ideal). With the alternating ranges of random, you'll always have one pump at 30% minimum, and you'll never have both pumps at 100%.

Obviously you can adjust the percentages depending on your tank's needs, but definitely have the L and R overlap a little. For example, you could do Pump L 0-50%, and Pump R 25-75%, then flip flop that schedule every hour.
What variance are you using?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new