Problem with tunze ozmolator 3 flashing purple light.

AI is your friend:
AI Overview



On newer Tunze Osmolator models (such as the Osmolator 3), a purple light on the controller indicates a general system error. [1]
Troubleshooting steps to resolve a purple error status include:
    • Check the pump connection: Unplug the pump cable and plug it back in, making sure the white alignment dots on the connectors match up completely before threading them tight. [1]
    • Inspect for blocked parts: Ensure the pump impeller is clean, unjammed, and not running dry. [1]
    • Perform a power reset: Unplug the main power supply from the unit for a minute, then plug it back in to clear temporary electronic glitches.
 
AI is your friend:
AI Overview



On newer Tunze Osmolator models (such as the Osmolator 3), a purple light on the controller indicates a general system error. [1]
Troubleshooting steps to resolve a purple error status include:
    • Check the pump connection: Unplug the pump cable and plug it back in, making sure the white alignment dots on the connectors match up completely before threading them tight. [1]
    • Inspect for blocked parts: Ensure the pump impeller is clean, unjammed, and not running dry. [1]
    • Perform a power reset: Unplug the main power supply from the unit for a minute, then plug it back in to clear temporary electronic glitches.
Thank Kris. I've done all but pull the pump and inspect it. Probably not the problem since it was fine up until power was cut and restored but I'll rule out a seized impeller.
 
Impeller is free, connection disconnected/ reconnected, plenty of water, power cycled multiple times. Swapped power outlets. I'm leaning towards something weird from the power cycle. I've seen power interruptions cause some strange things. Part of the fun with technology.
 
Last edited:
The purple light is a pump communication error, in my experience it is reset by a power cycle. The pump driver is in the controller, if the pump is changed or the impeller moved and there is a memory of something different, that will cause it. The key is to unplug at the controller barrel connection, if you unplug at the wall, the power supply stores enough power that the memory is saved for several minutes. I would disconnect the pump and power, reconnect the pump, then reconnect the power at the Osmolator controller connectors. This should reset it.
 
I have the this ATO and knock on wood , its still going strong.

if resetting didnt fix it.. check if its primed - has water in the line. if not, hold the neck and give it a couple of shakes to get the water going. Good luck.
 
On the Osmolator 3, generally air in the pump triggers a flashing orange light and it has a program to purge air by spinning backwards and forwards it doesn't always work but usually it does, and purple tends to be a communication issue that the signal from the pump is not present or does not sync with the last memory of the pump. Multiple extension cables can also cause this, 2 is the limit.
 
The purple light is a pump communication error, in my experience it is reset by a power cycle. The pump driver is in the controller, if the pump is changed or the impeller moved and there is a memory of something different, that will cause it. The key is to unplug at the controller barrel connection, if you unplug at the wall, the power supply stores enough power that the memory is saved for several minutes. I would disconnect the pump and power, reconnect the pump, then reconnect the power at the Osmolator controller connectors. This should reset it.
You are the Man Roger! Performing the disconnect reconnect in the order you stated took care of it. Thank you very much.
Just to clarify what exactly should I disconnect if I need to take the system off line? I do my WCs from the sump so I need to it shut it down or I would have to move the sensor to the bottom of the sump so it doesn't activate. I'd rather not have to move the sensor.
 
Generally this should not happen, this would be a fluke where for example the pump was running when the power was lost, or for some reason the impeller turned or was repositioned or maybe the power came on and off quickly. Basically, something happened that the controller has a memory of the rotor is in position x and it is now in another position. In general, you should be able to just unplug it and work, I always unplug mine at the barrel connection just because it is easiest, my electrical panel is at the back of my stand and harder to access compared to the plug on the floor of the stand.
 
Generally this should not happen, this would be a fluke where for example the pump was running when the power was lost, or for some reason the impeller turned or was repositioned or maybe the power came on and off quickly. Basically, something happened that the controller has a memory of the rotor is in position x and it is now in another position. In general, you should be able to just unplug it and work, I always unplug mine at the barrel connection just because it is easiest, my electrical panel is at the back of my stand and harder to access compared to the plug on the floor of the stand.
Ya my container and power are in the basement and the tank is on the first floor and I installed a smart plug so I don't have to run up and down. I e powered it down several times with no issues so I'll keep an eye on things and make sure the system is at rest with the green light on before powering down. Worst case I run down and disconnect it. I can use the exercise lol.
 
AI is your friend:
AI Overview



On newer Tunze Osmolator models (such as the Osmolator 3), a purple light on the controller indicates a general system error. [1]
Troubleshooting steps to resolve a purple error status include:
    • Check the pump connection: Unplug the pump cable and plug it back in, making sure the white alignment dots on the connectors match up completely before threading them tight. [1]
    • Inspect for blocked parts: Ensure the pump impeller is clean, unjammed, and not running dry. [1]
    • Perform a power reset: Unplug the main power supply from the unit for a minute, then plug it back in to clear temporary electronic glitches.
Who are you and what have you done to Kris? I think maybe he’s being held captive by Ai, someone should do a welfare check. Blink twice if you need help…..

Seriously though, no trademark witty short story full of satire? He’s a pod people……..run!


1786985508924.gif
 
Who are you and what have you done to Kris? I think maybe he’s being held captive by Ai, someone should do a welfare check. Blink twice if you need help…..

Seriously though, no trademark witty short story full of satire? He’s a pod people……..run!


1786985508924.gif
Recently cycled off Kratom.
https://www.newser.com/story/394492/america-is-trying-to-decide-what-to-do-about-kratom.html
AI & Amazon are eatting books, the Public Library is being consumed.
https://techcrunch.com/2026/08/17/a...-is-destroying-rare-books-to-train-ai-models/
Wife & I have been hidden by handlers and forced to binge watch Jr (Kiefer Southerland) in Designated Survivor.

The end is near!
 
Recently cycled off Kratom.
https://www.newser.com/story/394492/america-is-trying-to-decide-what-to-do-about-kratom.html
AI & Amazon are eatting books, the Public Library is being consumed.
https://techcrunch.com/2026/08/17/a...-is-destroying-rare-books-to-train-ai-models/
Wife & I have been hidden by handlers and forced to binge watch Jr (Kiefer Southerland) in Designated Survivor.

The end is near!
Once the government and big pharma figure out how to profit from it they'll be promoting it whether it's healthy or not. But that's a topic for a different platform I suppose 🙃
 
Recently cycled off Kratom.
https://www.newser.com/story/394492/america-is-trying-to-decide-what-to-do-about-kratom.html
AI & Amazon are eatting books, the Public Library is being consumed.
https://techcrunch.com/2026/08/17/a...-is-destroying-rare-books-to-train-ai-models/
Wife & I have been hidden by handlers and forced to binge watch Jr (Kiefer Southerland) in Designated Survivor.

The end is near!
Haha! Phew…..He’s back.

Edit. One must slip in a galaxy gas between kratoms to stay on the level
 
Last edited:
Once the government and big pharma figure out how to profit from it they'll be promoting it whether it's healthy or not. But that's a topic for a different platform I suppose 🙃
Stock TRVN -Company was in medical trials but the old school addictives are a superior product, even when the results are not. 😞

Progress must have a cash advantage to survive market pressures. 🇳🇴 OH-7 is gonna blow up and derail any path for fair uses, Oh-well.
🗡️

https://news.sky.com/video/meet-jinny-the-rescue-pug-crowned-worlds-ugliest-dog-13573581

skynews-uk-home_7322880.jpg
Yeah, another site discussion- sorry.
 
You are the Man Roger! Performing the disconnect reconnect in the order you stated took care of it. Thank you very much.
Just to clarify what exactly should I disconnect if I need to take the system off line? I do my WCs from the sump so I need to it shut it down or I would have to move the sensor to the bottom of the sump so it doesn't activate. I'd rather not have to move the sensor.
Purple happened to me today! This was the solution.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new