Procal Calcium Reactor Help

brick-brothers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm plumbed my cal reactor back to my main setup. I kinda forget some things about it.

Question 1: I have water coming out the red vent line into the tank. Is that right?

Question 2: I have the digital carbon doser hooked up to the co2 tank. When it's on it doesn't spit the bubble as designed. I put it for 2 bubbles per min but it spits out a couple of bubbles. I called the company and they said that's fine. That the co2 is just broken up into small bubbles but it's the same amount of co2 that is supposed to spit out. I don't know how true that is.

Questions 3: what do yall have for as the ph range on your apex to control the amount of co2 going into the reactor?

Screenshot_20210421-030730_Chrome.jpg

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red line is to vent excess Co2. It will include some water until it gets filled up then stop. My MTC Pro-Cal has been running for 6 months now and occasionally will spit some water from that red line.

I don't control the Co2 with anything right now, just monitor the pH of the effluent and make changes to my bubbles based on that. For my SPS loaded 260 gallons of tank, I do about a bubble a second and look for effluent pH of about 6.7. Either side of that and my Alk either goes up or down. BTW, 2 bubbles per minute is way way too low.

Right now I'm using a cheap Co2 regulator which is a bear to tune the bubble count, but will try the CarbonDoser soon.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the main chamber fills with water, the internal float will rise to seal off the red gas vent. Until that happens there will be a mix of water/gas coming from the red line.

OP
OP
brick-brothers

brick-brothers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the main chamber fills with water, the internal float will rise to seal off the red gas vent. Until that happens there will be a mix of water/gas coming from the red line.
Thanks, I have to figure out why the float is not blocking the vent line from water

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back