Procrastinating Reefers are the worst!

Do you condsider yourself a Procrastinating Reefer?

• YES!

Votes: 202 47.3%
  • No!

Votes: 134 31.4%
  • I'll answer later....

Votes: 91 21.3%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Procrastinating Reefers are the worst and I am one of them! A little click bait title to get you in here and posting! :p So while you are here why not engage with a comment and make sure you don't procrastinate!

I'll start off by saying that I am the worst when it comes to certain "reefing tasks." For me I'm the worst at managing my equipment wires, turning snails over and general cleanup tasks! Right now though the main thing is the wiring to and from my controller!! AHHH!!!!

What about you? What do you procrastinate in doing when it comes to your saltwater reef aquarium?

I really need to get my wires looking nice like @mknightryder has here!
20180803_171704.jpg

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1675D23E-70CE-4C36-A8A1-EE0F85613B55.jpeg
My wires are awful but because of how my tank is set up there is a constant drip loop on all wires that go near the water. Probably should work on this, this weekend.
But I’m pretty good with WCs I just need to test more.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1675D23E-70CE-4C36-A8A1-EE0F85613B55.jpeg
My wires are awful but because of how my tank is set up there is a constant drip loop on all wires that go near the water. Probably should work on this, this weekend.
But I’m pretty good with WCs I just need to test more.

Should we start a before and after challenge thread for all of us wire procrastinators? LOL!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was *This* close to skipping my weekly water change last night cause I procrastinated on doing it til almost 10 at night. but I kicked my self in the butt and did the change. can't allow myself to become lazy!

Good for you!!! Feels good too right?

MrD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is one clean looking set-up. I love how all the wires are out of the way. I always start with good intentions to manage my wiring but a few modifications and equipment changes later I've ended up with a bird nest.

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't worry about wires and hoses. They're not terribly organized. I tried to organize them once. It turned out really nice. Then it came time to clean the return and skimmer pumps. I had to destroy my pretty wiring job to get them out. Lesson learned, pretty wires don't make the tank run better. They just make maintenance harder.

I procrastinate. Not a good trait for reefing. I automated some stuff to reduce the impact of my shortcomings but I know my tank could be better.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for you!!! Feels good too right?

tank looked good after but lugging a full 5G bucket from basement to second floor is no bueno lol. I knew I HAD to do it as I accidentally did a SUPERHEAVY feeding, I may or may not have dropped the frozen food jar...

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not like control panels or wiring all bundled together.
They look nice but are not practical. I take my gyres off to clean them it is a real pain when they are wrapped up in a chase/wireway or even just bundled together.
The harder it is to get at you wires the less maintenance gets done. Not only that trying to figure out what wires are what in a emergency can really slow you down.

I like them run separate but not in a messy way were it is just as hard to find.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't worry about wires and hoses. They're not terribly organized. I tried to organize them once. It turned out really nice. Then it came time to clean the return and skimmer pumps. I had to destroy my pretty wiring job to get them out. Lesson learned, pretty wires don't make the tank run better. They just make maintenance harder.

I procrastinate. Not a good trait for reefing. I automated some stuff to reduce the impact of my shortcomings but I know my tank could be better.

Exactly.. I made this control panel and had it hinged and when I had to open it and figure out what is going on it was such a pain. All it did was hide a different kind of rats nest.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Procrastination is the mother of invention. I procrastinate the things I dislike doing, which results in finding ways around them. As to wire organization - that just seems like OCD run amok LOL.

Peter Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to have my new tank set up and running back in October....I still don't even own the tank/stand! I have all the equipment, rock, sand, salt, rodi, etc, but no main display or stand for it. What I have been really procrastinating on is the location it is going needs new paint and carpet in that room and also some electrical, so I have to have all that done first and I've been EXTREMELY lazy on it haha. One day!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Procrastinating Reefers are the worst and I am one of them! A little click bait title to get you in here and posting! :p So while you are here why not engage with a comment and make sure you don't procrastinate!

I'll start off by saying that I am the worst when it comes to certain "reefing tasks." For me I'm the worst at managing my equipment wires, turning snails over and general cleanup tasks! Right now though the main thing is the wiring to and from my controller!! AHHH!!!!

What about you? What do you procrastinate in doing when it comes to your saltwater reef aquarium?

I really need to get my wires looking nice like @mknightryder has here!
20180803_171704.jpg

If you have a successful tank (I think your wiring looks fine lol - better than mine) - the things you procrastinate on may not be as important as you think they are? For example - testing - I hate it - I found that if everything looks 'ok' - the testing is usually fine. I know that's heresy....:)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a successful tank (I think your wiring looks fine lol - better than mine) - the things you procrastinate on may not be as important as you think they are? For example - testing - I hate it - I found that if everything looks 'ok' - the testing is usually fine. I know that's heresy....:)

No testing! How dare you! Lol :D I don't test much, except alk once in a while.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No testing! How dare you! Lol :D I don't test much, except alk once in a while.
I test alk maybe once every couple weeks - and Ca every month. I keep saying I need to check my Mg today lol:)....

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew that room looked familiar. NASA has the same set up for the shuttle.

upload_2019-5-20_21-54-1.jpeg upload_2019-5-20_21-55-5.jpeg

I put off adjusting my skimmer when it starts acting up. Hate fish poop on my hands.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back