Prodibio StopAmmo detoxifies ammonia without making copper more toxic

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I'd share this with you, as some prefer to run a QT without a biofilter. I've contacted Prodibio about their StopAmmo product:
Hello,
Normally, ammonia blockers are incompatible with copper drugs because they increase their toxicity. Can StopAmmo be used with copper drugs? Or does it make copper-based drugs toxic?
They've replied:
Hello,
Stop Ammo can be used at the same time as a copper medicine. Stop Ammo does not work like most other ammonia blockers. Its use does not cause a chemical reaction that could lead to an increase in toxicity due to the presence of copper.
@Randy Holmes-Farley, does this sound plausible?

Certainly their answer makes me wanna use StopAmmo, instead of Prime.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I'd share this with you, as some prefer to run a QT without a biofilter. I've contacted Prodibio about their StopAmmo product:

They've replied:

@Randy Holmes-Farley, does this sound plausible?

Certainly their answer makes me wanna use StopAmmo, instead of Prime.

There isn't much information out there. I did find this comment from Nathan Hill, an aquarist in England. He wrote it for Practical Fishkeeping:

Although some communication with Prodibio’s development researchers was lost in translation, I understand the process takes place via the medium of glycoproteins these plants use to bind ammonia and other nitrogen sources. These gradually release the active ammonia back into the system over a delayed period.

Jay

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 66 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back