Profilux 4 owners

FernandesReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread guys, looking at setting up in this year another reef, and always preferred the P4 to the Apex, I am going to get the full system from GHL including the Lights and hopefully if it is released their new temp controller....any thoughts on it?

IMG_2846.jpg

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PTC is going to be great!! To have a device that heats and cools our tank and controlled by our controller is even better. I plan on buying them for my tanks. I have the breezes on my tank now, plan to leave them and add these. With an understanding it not for extreme changes, but I do AC my house in the summer and heat in the winter so these should work perfect to keep them constant.

Last edited:

PiggyPuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue with the sensor mounts by GHL are the same as WWIIIs. The magnets are NOT the very strong rare earth types and there is no rubber to add friction between the mount and sump so the mounts are extremely easy to move out of position and, therefore, fail. This goes for the sensor probe holder and the level sensor mount. I don't trust them for an ATO. The level sensor mount is the worst, as there is only one weak magnet at the top, and any torque applied to the extremity just rotates the holder and moves it out of position. I really wish they used similar magnets and materials as all of the wave makers out there. Those things stay put!

One more thing I just found out. The P4 has power monitoring, but there are no controls, alerts or programming ability associated with it. GHL has said it is on the to do list, but they've been saying that for nearly a year now. This is a major hole in their controller as power monitoring is a very powerful redundancy and safety feature. Apex has had this feature for as long as I can remember.

As mentioned previously, other than those issues I've been very happy with my GHL products.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but there are no controls, alerts or programming ability associated with it. GHL has said it is on the to do list, but they've been saying that for nearly a year now. This is a major hole in their controller as power monitoring is a very powerful redundancy and safety feature. Apex has had this feature for as long as I can remember.

There is - in the extra section / maintanance/power cut

Sincerely Lasse

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PiggyPuffin - Are you talking about the ability to program based on amperage output?

What @Lasse points out is power monitoring in the event power goes out you can control what devices remain on, you can reduce power to 1-10 volt channels and even lower light output all to conserve power a great feature. This feature been out for a while and a few posts on the forums here explaining the feature.

Shanet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a bit peeved by GHL's lack of informing you of impending releases. I just purchased another Powerbar (5.1) only to find they released a 6 socket one the next day. Other than that I have owned the P3 and now the P4, KH Director, 2 Doser 2.1, Expansion Box and they are like everyone says, Bulletproof and Just work and would never use anything else. Using Programmable logic it does auto water changes, Salinity control and Temp management. In the past I managed 5 tanks with it, flawlessly. I work at a Mine and only get home every 3 to 5 weeks, I have peace of mind knowing that Profilux looks after the tank while I'm away.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PiggyPuffin - Are you talking about the ability to program based on amperage output?

What @Lasse points out is power monitoring in the event power goes out you can control what devices remain on, you can reduce power to 1-10 volt channels and even lower light output all to conserve power a great feature. This feature been out for a while and a few posts on the forums here explaining the feature.

I would also like to add that this feature has been, to my knowledge, out long before apex made the move. People seem to forget that a lot of the things Apex has come out with in recent years, GHL has already perfected for quite some time.

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the new powerbars coming from GHL. Indicating lights, 6 controllable outlets, and beautifully built!

Powerbar6E-PAB-US_VorneOben_850x385.jpg

Is there an actual date of this release? With a (6) outlet powerbars I may be able to get away with one; as opposed to having to buy a second powerbars with the current iteration. Only need to control kalk reactor, CalRx, (2) heaters, protein skimmer and possibly my return pump.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an actual date of this release? With a (6) outlet powerbars I may be able to get away with one; as opposed to having to buy a second powerbars with the current iteration. Only need to control kalk reactor, CalRx, (2) heaters, protein skimmer and possibly my return pump.

I asked them, waiting on response. @Ditto may know? I do know they are already available in Europe for several different countries, so I would assume weeks to a couple months at most. I will post here when I find out.

Shanet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked them, waiting on response. @Ditto may know? I do know they are already available in Europe for several different countries, so I would assume weeks to a couple months at most. I will post here when I find out.

Im in Australia and I can get it now, so maybe USA should be soon.

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, can someone chime in and let me know if their software and/or dashboard application allows you to turn on & off each individual outlet on the powerbars?

And does the Profilux software (myGHL I believe) allow you to track the history/graphs of you pH, temp, etc similar to the way the Apex performs?

I think I've gotten past most of the Apex vs Profilux differences in regard to setup, programming and overall operation. Just trying to see if I'll loose any of the tracking of data points that Apex offers?

Many thx again.....GREAT and informative thread!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking on the website are the USA ones now or May?

But I could be reading this wrong?
The following versions are currently available: Schuko (e.g. Germany, Austria), France/Belgium, Great Britain, USA/Canada, Switzerland (delivery from May 2019), others on request.

Ahh I see now. Looks like they are stopping production on the 5.1, which makes sense as well. Nothing wrong with those bars either, which should help some get into GHL equipment easier in the used market!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, can someone chime in and let me know if their software and/or dashboard application allows you to turn on & off each individual outlet on the powerbars?

And does the Profilux software (myGHL I believe) allow you to track the history/graphs of you pH, temp, etc similar to the way the Apex performs?

I think I've gotten past most of the Apex vs Profilux differences in regard to setup, programming and overall operation. Just trying to see if I'll loose any of the tracking of data points that Apex offers?

Many thx again.....GREAT and informative thread!

I'm waiting on Ditto to respond. Lol. He's the man at explaining everything to do with the GHL ecosystem. He may be leaving this softball for me haha.

You can absolutely turn on and off every outlet from the app on your phone or tablet or whatever, from anywhere in the world. You can also program them through the app as well if you wish.

The graphs do show all probes and historical data. It's a pretty simple graph, but does the job. I personally look for GHL to expand and update this area sometime in the future, but that's just me guessing. There's nothing wrong with them now however. A graph is a graph after all and you can see all the historical data on the graph through the app easily.

Shanet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All powerboard switches are able to be used in manual mode but if you use manual mode no switch will work in auto mode (if that makes sense, ie everything works manually or automatically no mixing. There is options to turn on sets of switches by a button push and the rest still work on auto.
You have a graphing option for all sensors available

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@turfster26 - you can for sure turn them on and off via the app/cloud service or the web interface.
819CD624-0A8F-47DB-B660-5A50726ABA29.png

You can also graph month, day, week period of time :)

Forgot to add you can also download them onto excel and overlay them on other probe data also. :)

22C220AC-B521-43A4-BF57-9B2E9AC8C3BF.png

Shanet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use GHL Connect on a PC you have the option to overlay all graphs. Can be done on the app as well.

profilux.png

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also do not forget daylight saving time for us who have it as yourP4 will remind you :)

8EE58EA5-CA4B-48F3-B673-E3B051028836.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back