Profilux 4 WiFi question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I’ve had my P4 running now for a good month without issues, but today when I came home from work it was flashing white and there was an envelope icon on the display. I’ve tried to log into it, but that didn’t work (neither locally or via the cloud).

I have a Ubiquiti access point (1m from the unit), checked that, and it reported that the device is connected to it, although with a very poor signal.

I have then power-cycled the P4 and now all is back to normal, also the AP shows a strong signal now for the device.

I’m pretty sure the problem is not with the p4 (;)), but wondering if it is advisable to put the p4 on a timer socket and reboot it periodically? (so the hung wifi chip in it can reconnect/recover?)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you shouldn't have to do that.

Perhaps something else on the network was trying to use the same IP address as the controller and that caused some issues with connecting. If the P4 gets kicked offline, the green light at the front will be OFF and the logo indicator light will flash white which means it is not communicating with the myGHL servers.

OP
OP
LC8Sumi

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you shouldn't have to do that.

Perhaps something else on the network was trying to use the same IP address as the controller and that caused some issues with connecting. If the P4 gets kicked offline, the green light at the front will be OFF and the logo indicator light will flash white which means it is not communicating with the myGHL servers.
Yes, I’ve forgot to mention the WiFi indicator was also off.
Does the firmware in the unit try to reconnect in such situation (without rebooting)?
I’ll look at the AP’s logs later and see what happened.

OP
OP
LC8Sumi

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so looks like it was indeed connected to the WiFi (radio) even though it wasn't working. Here you can see it when restarting (it has been connected for 28 days):

1580152767405.png

OP
OP
LC8Sumi

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps something else on the network was trying to use the same IP address as the controller and that caused some issues with connecting.

It uses a static address and the dhcp server's pool is configured such way it won't assign that same address to others. So this can't happen on this network.

(because it uses 192.168.x.3 and the DHCP pool is configured for 192.168.x.100 - 192.168.x.199)

OP
OP
LC8Sumi

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, the logs on the AP itself (previous screenshot was from the WiFi controller and not the exact AP) is lost, because I've rebooted it before the P4 (didn't solve the issue, the P4 did not reconnect).

You win this time GHL:):p

(but I'll channel the logs of the AP to a syslog server, so next time I'll be back!:D)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back