Profilux 4e Controller - Unboxing and Product Overview

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I am waiting for my new Waterbox Frag Tank to arrive which will include a build thread in the AIO forums once it arrives (Monday) the controller I am going to be using for this tank has arrived. I did a quick Unboxing and Overview video of the controller and what it has to offer, along with highlighting the differences between the 4e and the Profilux 4. I plan to do a Part 2 Video on the setting up of the controller using just my Iphone and the GCC App. Enjoy :)

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the event your WiFi or web interface going down, do you think the upcoming control pad will serve as getting into your controller like you plan to do with the USB and laptop? Thanks for sharing all wonderful your info here.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reeferKen - they have not provided much information on what the full functionality of the control pad will be, except that you will be able to program and control your device and the devices connected to it from it. (Ex. Doser, Powerbar 5.1) so I am thinking yes but we will have to wait and see :).

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to know how the 4e controller would behave compared to this recent example...... Apex shut down then restarted itself several times in a row due to a hardware failure to a key Apex fusion server. I'm out of town a lot, thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reeferKen

The Profilux 4 or 4e and I can say any of the GHL equipment that connects or utilizes the myGHL cloud service will remain operational. The device will not reboot, stop working, go out to lunch, or say hey it time for a break. This includes if any of the myGHL cloud services are down, or if they are doing work in the cloud. The GHL units work independently not caring that the cloud service is down. The P4e and P4 will continue to check in to see if the cloud service is back up, but has no impact on the operations of the unit. On the P4 and P4e you will see a yellow alert through the GCC app stating a synchronization issue is occurring and you will notice the front display of the P4 will show the myGHL is down.

Upon the service coming back up the P4e, along other GHL equipment will resync back to the cloud, remove the error message on the display.

The GCC Connect App will continue to work for you, but you would need to use the local IP’s to connect. This is the reason for your devices being listed twice in the GHL App, the top devices listed in the app are your local versions of the devices and the bottom ones are the ones going through the myGHL cloud service.

You should not need to worry about the status of the cloud service or work being performed in the cloud will have any impact on your device. Your not going to see your device reboot because of an issue in the cloud, it not how GHL devices operate.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back