programming air pump for bubble scrubbing

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the air pump connected to outlet 5. which I hope is the correct outlet. I programmed it. Just test times.
code:
Fallback OFF
If Time 19:23 to 19:25 Then ON
If Time 19:25 to 19:24 Then OFF
I will not turn on or off. and I have it set for auto.
if I turn it on manually it works. but then when turning it off it won't turn off unless if I unplug it? I need help with this. I have no clue why it won't turn on when programmed and if I turn it on manually it won't turn off when I turn it off manually. I have to unplug it?
Please advise. I hope I get good responses here.
1623976565411.png

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key problem with your programming is that the times you have listed overlap each other, so it's never going to turn on. When using If Time, the start and end times are inclusive, meaning that when you say "If Time 19:25 to 19:24 Then OFF", the output will remain off from 19:25:00 through 19:24:59, which is 24 hours/day. Your ON time is listed as 19:23 to 29:25, which overlaps with your Off times, and since the Apex processes the commands from top to bottom and your Off time is listed last, that line of code "wins" and keeps the output off.

The better way to do it is to only list the time you want it on, and use a Set OFF command to cover all the times other than that:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 19:23 to 19:25 Then ON

This code would turn it on at 19:23:00, then turn it off once the clock reaches 19:26:00 (remember, the times are inclusive, so it's still on through 19:25:59).

As for why you need to unplug the cord, I'm guessing you have the EB8 which has solid-state outputs on 1-3 and 5-7, and mechanical relays for outputs 4 and 8. The solid-state relays can have problems turning off devices which pull very little power and get stuck in the On condition. Move your air pump to output 4 or 8 which use mechanical relays, and are capable of turning on and off devices even if they draw very little power. This is a known issue.

Read my tutorial on Apex Timers for more details on the proper use and nuances of the If TIme command:

It is part of my whole series of Apex Tutorials:

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back