Programming Help

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Apex Newbie question: So far I've learned just enough to get me in trouble; I added some lines to shut off some equipment if the high level sensor on my atk is closed to include the skimmer, power head, heaters, and the atk pump. I added the power head and heaters since I thought if the high level sensor is closed there could be a possibility that the return pump has failed and I wanted them to shut off if that happened. I floated some bags today after coming home from the fish store and everything shut off like it was supposed to when the water level hit the high sensor. Everything came back on except the heaters, which I forgot to check until I got a low temp alarm. Can somebody please help me figure out what I did wrong? Here is the code for my heaters (I have two of them and neither came back on by themselves, I do have the thermostats on the heaters themselves controlling the temp and just have the apex set to turn off the outlets if the temp gets too high):

Fallback OFF
If Tmp > 80.0 Then OFF
If Output Ret_Pump_3 = OFF Then OFF
If Output Water_Change = ON Then OFF
If High CLOSED Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF

the_cros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need an ON statement somewhere. What is your low range temperature?

Fallback OFF
If Tmp < 78.5 Then ON
If Tmp > 80.0 Then OFF

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are missing the Set ON before all your exceptions see your code below:

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Tmp > 80.0 Then OFF
If Output Ret_Pump_3 = OFF Then OFF
If Output Water_Change = ON Then OFF
If High CLOSED Then OFF

This is how I have it setup:
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Temp > 81.0 Then OFF
If Output Maint_Sump = ON Then OFF
If Output Maint_All = ON Then OFF

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are relying on the heater thermostat there is no need to condition the ON statement. Otherwise you would need to wait until the temperature goes below the condition. I used to have it set that way and it took a while for it to turn ON after I completed my maintenance. I prefer that it turns on right away so i can confirm everything is working OK.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both! I deleted the low temperature command to turn them on since I was relying on the heaters' thermostats and never even thought about adding the "set on" command. I'll change them now

Back