Programming Radion

Boardn365

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure this has been discussed in the past but couldn't find any threads so had to ask again. I have 2 radion xr15 gen 3s over a fiji cube 57. I have the lights set at brightness 80% but then at the specific set points they say 50% intensity. Is this due to the AB+ program? Are the lights only running at half power?

I had one hammer that bleached so I lowered them a while back but just feel like this cant be enough light. That would essentially mean I am only running like 90 watts total over a 48x18x16 tank and that just doesn't seem like enough.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my gen 4's at 55% intensity. It depends on how deep the tank is and softies vs lps vs sticks. 50% intensity is perfectly fine for lps imo.

OP
OP
B

Boardn365

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. The tank is only 16" deep so it isn't that deep. All lps and softies.

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The answer is yes, the light intensity is due to the program you selected, AB+ in this case. If the program has a specific light set at 50% and you are running the program at 80%, then that light is operating at 40% of full power.

OP
OP
B

Boardn365

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The answer is yes, the light intensity is due to the program you selected, AB+ in this case. If the program has a specific light set at 50% and you are running the program at 80%, then that light is operating at 40% of full power.
Would you say that maybe the AB+ program isn't a good program for the gen3 pro? Just feels like not enough light.

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you say that maybe the AB+ program isn't a good program for the gen3 pro? Just feels like not enough light.
I don't know. I know that too little light is better than too much. I determine light in my tank by looking at the colors of the corals. I have an acan, specifically, that turns a little brownish when the lights are a bit low or the nitrates get a bit high. I also get cyano when my lights are on too long so I use that as a cue, also.

OP
OP
B

Boardn365

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow good points thank you. I have cyano right now, maybe I can increase the overall intensity but lower the length of time they are on. I like to run the blue at the end of the night but that could be creating issues also.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%

Back