Prorocentrum Dino Outbreak!! Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikem885
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikem885

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
winter garden florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I just discovered I have Prorocentrum Dinos in my mixed reef tank.

I have very expensive corals in between all types. When i mean mixed, it's a mixed tank including very nice SPS pieces.

My tank water volume is about 75 gallons.

I have been dosing 1 ml of sponge excel daily (just upped to 2ml today)

2 capfuls of microbac7

Got my phosphates back up to .12 and nitrates to 9.6

I stopped all aminos and water changes as well.

I added a half gallon of mixed pods and dosing 10 ml a day of Live Phyto.

I have been doing this for 5 days and have seen no improvement, it actually looks worse now.

I'm worried these will create toxins so i added carbon directly where my return pump goes down into my sump.

Any other suggestions?

I was maybe thinking switching to water glass silicates or do i just need to dose more spongeexcel for a diatom bloom?


Plsss help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new