Prostar 200 or Waterbox 180

FlyingOctopi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been looking at getting back into the hobby and was going to get a nano tank to start. After reading I think it's better I go with something in the 120 gallon display range. I want to eventually have an aquarium controller and some more automation. The red sea and waterbox were the ones I was looking at until I went to an lfs. The prostar is almost $1,000 cheaper and bigger. Is the waterbox worth that much more? What aio would you get if you wanted a 120 gallon display tank?

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too was considering Prostar or Waterbox. I was looking for a peninsula format. I selected the Waterbox because I could purchase it direct from the manufacturer. With Prostar I was working with a dealer who kept pushing and changing availability. They just wanted the order and I felt they would tell me anything. Waterbox was matter-of-fact with great customer service. I now have an outstanding Waterbox Peninsula 5526 (180 total system). Hope this helps.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back