ProStar Rimless V2 60 Aquarium - Big Tiny

Still need to fine tune my lighting system as well
image.jpg
 
Such good news! Everything survived and I found my Wrasse. Water is slowly clearing up and I’m still playing around with settings. Hoping to get a custom lid in the next few months but using an egg crate to deal with jumpers. Even my Halloween crab molted. Coral seem to be doing good although a few are acting tempermental. Overall I am beyond happy. This tank honestly makes my prior tank look like child’s play. My husband is extremely happy with the look of it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
I prefer to make my own screens for lids. I prefer RedSea. If you ever had to repair a screen in a window it is pretty much the same. You can get extra parts to go around things if you need. The aluminum extrusion is more sturdy than the window screen kits that they sell. They come with clear 1/4" screen but I replace them with 3/8" black screen which I have a whole roll of. If you want to go the home depot route or the Red Sea one and want black screen DM me and I will send you some. I prefer black because it disappears and doesn’t reflect the light. Also screen does allow better gas exchange. True, it allows for more evaporation but that what gas exchange is about.
 
I prefer to make my own screens for lids. I prefer RedSea. If you ever had to repair a screen in a window it is pretty much the same. You can get extra parts to go around things if you need. The aluminum extrusion is more sturdy than the window screen kits that they sell. They come with clear 1/4" screen but I replace them with 3/8" black screen which I have a whole roll of. If you want to go the home depot route or the Red Sea one and want black screen DM me and I will send you some. I prefer black because it disappears and doesn’t reflect the light. Also screen does allow better gas exchange. True, it allows for more evaporation but that what gas exchange is about.
Ah yes I’ve made a screen lid before for a nano I had. I actually have tons of screen since our cat decided to rip holes in ours but thank you for the offer. I will probably go down this route this weekend but I’ll need to check out BRS if they sell those unless I’d need to go with Red Sea themselves.
 
Ah yes I’ve made a screen lid before for a nano I had. I actually have tons of screen since our cat decided to rip holes in ours but thank you for the offer. I will probably go down this route this weekend but I’ll need to check out BRS if they sell those unless I’d need to go with Red Sea themselves.
Premium Aquatics has them and they do not charge tax. So that can save you some $. Plus they have free shipping over $50.
 
I sadly ran into a hiccup with the ATO system in my tank. I’m not sure who decided the engineering on the system but it would either not flow or flowed too much. I realized if my water level got too low, it would burn up my pump. Tha being said, I full removed it and went back to my old trusty ATO. I don’t live that it’s out in the open again. I’m really going to have to figure out where to place it or maybe look into getting a different ato setup
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
I’d bet you can set a acrylic box on top of the sump between the return line and skimmer with a simple to fitting and float valve to top the tank up without any electrical and easily move it when you need to do maintenance. Add a shutoff valve on the line and you can lift it out without it draining.
 
I’d bet you can set a acrylic box on top of the sump between the return line and skimmer with a simple to fitting and float valve to top the tank up without any electrical and easily move it when you need to do maintenance. Add a shutoff valve on the line and you can lift it out without it draining.
Thats what is originally there. I’ve been fidgeting with it for a few hours and I THINK I fixed it but I won’t know until the water level starts to go down
 
Oh my goodness everything is cleared and looking gorgeous. Filter floss did some overwork and cleared the water in a less than 2 days. All the coral perked up as well
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Glad to see your corals are perking up!
 
I sadly ran into a hiccup with the ATO system in my tank. I’m not sure who decided the engineering on the system but it would either not flow or flowed too much. I realized if my water level got too low, it would burn up my pump. Tha being said, I full removed it and went back to my old trusty ATO. I don’t live that it’s out in the open again. I’m really going to have to figure out where to place it or maybe look into getting a different ato setup
image.jpg
image.jpg
TBH, The gravity fed boxes tend to be too small anyway. I use the IM ATO 5g container which would fit nicely in that space and not be an eyesore. There are other similar containers, but I like the pull out drawer of the IM.
 
TBH, The gravity fed boxes tend to be too small anyway. I use the IM ATO 5g container which would fit nicely in that space and not be an eyesore. There are other similar containers, but I like the pull out drawer of the IM.
The size for me is fine but it just doesn’t work. The water level has dropped but my ato seems to fail to work. I’m going to my local LFS tomorrow to see if I can find some other type of remedy or I have to do an outside ATO which I don’t want 🫠
 
Looking great!!
 
Went to my local LFS and picked up this 5 gallon simplicity ATO reservoir. I’m glad the sleek black look matches the tank and isn’t that much of an eyesore
IMG_6419.jpeg

I also sold my old tank/stand and old canister filter. Let me just rant but what is up with these FB marketplace buyers 🫠 I have been lowballed upon item delivery because item was “smaller than it looked” even though I had the item correctly listed and it was a brand new overhang filters, offered half of what I have items listed (everything was 60-80% off original price) and then told they are resellers after I’d accept an offer, and just had the some rude overall people who waste my time. I don’t know how yall sell secondhand equipment but my goodness does it make me never want to sell old equipment 😮‍💨 some of you sellers are saints
 
Last edited:
Went to my local LFS and picked up this 5 gallon simplicity ATO reservoir. I’m glad the sleek black look matches the tank and isn’t that much of an eyesore
IMG_6419.jpeg

I also sold my old tank/stand and old canister filter. Let me just rant but what is up with these FB marketplace buyers 🫠 I have been lowballed upon item delivery because item was “smaller than it looked” even though I had the item correctly listed and it was a brand new overhang filters, offered half of what I have items listed (everything was 60-80% off original price) and then told they are resellers after I’d accept an offer, and just had the some rude overall people who waste my time. I don’t know how yall sell secondhand equipment but my goodness does it make me never want to sell old equipment 😮‍💨 some of you sellers are saints
Nice choice on the res. That would be my second choice over the IM... beause TBH I would scratch the heck out of acrylic just by looking at it.
As a point of reference I have a brand new in box Eshopps fuge cube sump on Offer up for $100 less than the lowest purchase retail. I have it listed @ $250 someone offered me $100. I told him it it was that cheap I would buy 10, but no, you are not even close. he replied I shouldn’t be insulted... really?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new