Protecting Galvanized Steel Hangers

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigMax
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigMax

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Messages
215
Reaction score
185
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used galvanized steel pipe hangers for pipe supports under and behind my tank. They are beginning to corrode, significantly. I was thinking of applying a lite coat if silicone grease, similar to that used on O-rings. Any other suggestion or concerns?
 
can you remove and replace them with stainless?
 
can you remove and replace them with stainless?

That would be tough. I used stainless rod but couldn't kind stainless clamps. They may make something that would work for marine boats, but I I'm sure the cost would be through the roof. I'll likely try coating them with Molykote Dow 111.....we'll see.
 
Last edited:
That would be tough. I used stainless rod but couldn't kind stainless clamps. They may make something that would work for marine boats, but I I'm sure the cost would be through the roof. I likely try coating them with Molykote Dow 111.....we'll see.
Can you spray them with plasti dip?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new