Protein skimmer for tideline 47g

newnoobreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking into getting a protein skimmer for my tideline 47g AIO i cant seem to find any any recommendations will be very much appreciated

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of doing away with the filter sock in my 40g aio and just running a floss pad and then a skimmer, so I’m curious as well! I know the tunze comline is really popular I believe the model is the 9005? Icecap has a line of smaller skimmers too. There was one already in my tank (I bought a display model) and opted out of the skimmer, wondering why I did that now lol

OP
OP
N

newnoobreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of doing away with the filter sock in my 40g aio and just running a floss pad and then a skimmer, so I’m curious as well! I know the tunze comline is really popular I believe the model is the 9005? Icecap has a line of smaller skimmers too. There was one already in my tank (I bought a display model) and opted out of the skimmer, wondering why I did that now lol
Yes i was looking at those but i wasnt sure if any of then would fit and what chamber it should go in

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking into getting a protein skimmer for my tideline 47g AIO i cant seem to find any any recommendations will be very much appreciated
I have an esops nano aio Inn marine that's probably over skimming a 20 gallon. Not sure about all their models, but they seem to make skimmers well in general.

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i was looking at those but i wasnt sure if any of then would fit and what chamber it should go in
I have a couple of backup skimmers I don't know if they would work for you but I'm willing to ship them to you for just the cost of shipping. One is an ice cap but it's probably too small.

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of backup skimmers I don't know if they would work for you but I'm willing to ship them to you for just the cost of shipping. One is an ice cap but it's probably too small.
The other one is an all-in-one type skimmer I forget the name but it could work for you

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one, but i felt like it wasn't doing much and didn't hold its own water level well even with ato
Went with eshops instead.

OP
OP
N

newnoobreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an esops nano aio Inn marine that's probably over skimming a 20 gallon. Not sure about all their models, but they seem to make skimmers well in general.
What skimmer is that im trying to look it up and I couldn’t find anything

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the aquamax ws1 in my 65 gallon Tideline. I’m not sure if the filter compartments are the same size in the 47. I love this skimmer. Once I got it tuned it works like a champ!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back