Protein skimmer not workign

  • Thread starter Thread starter PBMann
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PBMann

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
26
Reaction score
11
Location
Central Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble with my protein skimmer, it has stopped making bubbles.

If I pull the skimmer out of the back of my tank and then place it back in the tank it will make a good amount of bubbles but then the bubbles slowly stop being created. I can blow thru the air intake cleanly so the air intake is clean and the pump is running correctly.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this to happen.
 
What brand/type of skimmer is it? Do you have pictures of it?

I had an odd issue with the way mine was working and it turned out that the needle wheel impeller was partially clogged. Once I cleaned that out it was back to normal. :)
 
What brand/type of skimmer is it? Do you have pictures of it?

I had an odd issue with the way mine was working and it turned out that the needle wheel impeller was partially clogged. Once I cleaned that out it was back to normal. :)
I'm not sure of the brand,it came with my red sea tank.

I'll take the pump apart and see if the impeller is clogged thanks
 
I'm having trouble with my protein skimmer, it has stopped making bubbles.

If I pull the skimmer out of the back of my tank and then place it back in the tank it will make a good amount of bubbles but then the bubbles slowly stop being created. I can blow thru the air intake cleanly so the air intake is clean and the pump is running correctly.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this to happen.
Had this issue. I thought if I could blow through the intake, it was fully open.

I put in a small drill bit by hand and out came a piece of percipatate.

Worked first time after that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new