Protein skimmer pump replacement options

  • Thread starter Thread starter yudruln8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

yudruln8

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2013
Messages
132
Reaction score
20
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have Diablo 300ext Recirculating Protein Skimmer with a various 6-s is their a pump that’s bigger to produce more foam for this skimmer I feel like on its highest settings it’s not producing as much micro bubbles as it should I’ve change the pin wheel to a new one but I still feel like it needs a better or stronger motor does anyone know of a replacement that would fit that would make it better?
 
Good evening,

You might want to look into upgrading to a pump like the Sicce PSK1000 or a Reef Octopus Aquatrance, depending on what fits your skimmer body. If you’ve already swapped the pinwheel and still aren’t getting the bubble production you expect, a stronger or more efficient pump could definitely help. Just double-check compatibility and flow rates before buying to make sure it pairs well with your Diablo 300ext.


Regards,
Slade
 
Thanks for the reply I had a page that was showing options for this but somehow didn’t save it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new