Protein skimmer recommendations?

carlykush

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
27
Reaction score
14
Location
ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon that’s ran on a fluval fx6 canister filter and I’m looking for protein skimmer recommendations. I do not have a sump. I am well aware a sump pump is a better option than what I have however our stand size cannot accompany one. I do not need a lecture telling me to upgrade to a sump please lol, just skimmer recommendations!
 
I have a couple of aquamaxx 1.5 new version upgraded pump stock, like new/and an old remora hob , get out of my way price... ;)
PM me if interested...:)
 
Why would someone give you a lecture of why a sump is needed lol? I ran with a hob skimmer for years and still use one on one tank, there's nothing wrong with it. Aquamaxx 1.5 is a good hob skimmer that I have experience with.
 
I have a Reef Octopus Classic 1000. It was a bit fussy until I found the directions. Reef Octo has such a good reputation that it is difficult to consider others. IMG_2616.jpeg
 
I have a Reef Octopus Classic 1000. It was a bit fussy until I found the directions. Reef Octo has such a good reputation that it is difficult to consider others. IMG_2616.jpeg
also great option ,they can never overflow... ;)
 
I have a 75 gallon that’s ran on a fluval fx6 canister filter and I’m looking for protein skimmer recommendations. I do not have a sump. I am well aware a sump pump is a better option than what I have however our stand size cannot accompany one. I do not need a lecture telling me to upgrade to a sump please lol, just skimmer recommendations!
I have s 90 gallon, and use the Reef Dcto 2000 HOB. It is by far the best skimmer I have ever had, well worth the money. You could get away with the 1000 HOb for sure.
 
also great option ,they can never overflow... ;)
Mine did overflow. More than once. Easy to control with the black thumbscrew near the overflow. But I messed up and had a puddle. FYI, that’s why I am converting to a sump system on a drilled tank.
 
Mine did overflow. More than once. Easy to control with the black thumbscrew near the overflow. But I messed up and had a puddle. FYI, that’s why I am converting to a sump system on a drilled tank.
Yeah can never have cup fully closing exit hole ,1/2- 3/4 ok, cup too low can cause that...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new