Protein skimmer stand

David Whitlock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to put my protein skimmer on a stand. Can the stand be enclosed or does it have to be all open? I have a top for another sump I am not using it is enclosed on three sides and has holes in the top of it would this be ok to use? I have a red sea 600 protein skimmer. Any advice is greatly appreciated. If I can't use this which one would be great for this?

PXL_20220412_234222551.jpg

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your not using it and it’s the right height sure go ahead and use the lid . Just make sure it’s big enough to where the skimmer can’t vibrate and fall off . Also with one side open and holes in the top it should allow water to pass thru so as to not create a dead spot .

OP
OP
David Whitlock

David Whitlock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your not using it and it’s the right height sure go ahead and use the lid . Just make sure it’s big enough to where the skimmer can’t vibrate and fall off . Also with one side open and holes in the top it should allow water to pass thru so as to not create a dead spot .
Yeah it's a lot bigger than the skimmer and I don't need it for anything else. Thanks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back